Smithfield man charged with sexual assault of girl, 12
A 39-year-old Smithfield man was arrested Tuesday and charged with sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl in 2009.
Donald H. Hagner IV was charged by state police with four counts each of aggravated indecent assault and corruption of minors for the assaults that allegedly occurred at a Point Marion residence.
The alleged victim, who is now 16 years old, recently came forward with the complaint, police said.
Hagner was arraigned before Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham and ordered held in the Fayette County Prison after failing to post $100,000 bond. Hagner's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 8.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fayette DA urges end to verbal warfare
- Inaugural event to initiate Arts Endowment program set for Connellsville
- New Fayette County polling places set for Tuesday’s election
- CAHS announces 2015 spring musical
- Annual book sale to be held Saturday at Connellsville’s Carnegie library
- Skyliners to perform in Connellsville
- Smithfield-Masontown Road section reopens
- More than 100 attend preview of video project ‘Faces and Voices of Connellsville’ at library
- Connellsville mayor says city must cut spending, reduce debt as budget process begins
- Parents: $14K missing from Connellsville Little League’s coffers
- Florida man warns Connellsville junior high schoolers about smoking dangers