Tax clerk's duties expanded
The Fayette County Salary Board on Wednesday reclassified a tax clerk's position to one with the added duties of overseeing grants.
Members Al Ambrosini, Sean Lally and Vince Zapotosky voted in favor of the move, which bumps the hourly rate of the position from $11.40 to $14.95. No other salary board members attended the meeting.
The tax clerk's position is vacant, Lally said. The board set no timetable on hiring anyone into the reclassified position.
Ambrosini said oversight of grants is needed to ensure funds are used appropriately and that reporting requirements are met.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- Connellsville Recreation Board installs signs in parks
- Construction of Speedway in Perryopolis to affect traffic
- Connellsville Housing Authority properties to get upgrades
- Mancuso running for register of wills in Fayette
- Improvements sought for Dickerson Run Park in Liberty
- Detours in place for work on routes 51, 30, 2027
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire