Tax clerk's duties expanded
The Fayette County Salary Board on Wednesday reclassified a tax clerk's position to one with the added duties of overseeing grants.
Members Al Ambrosini, Sean Lally and Vince Zapotosky voted in favor of the move, which bumps the hourly rate of the position from $11.40 to $14.95. No other salary board members attended the meeting.
The tax clerk's position is vacant, Lally said. The board set no timetable on hiring anyone into the reclassified position.
Ambrosini said oversight of grants is needed to ensure funds are used appropriately and that reporting requirements are met.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County auto dealer under fire for loans
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Uniontown Art Club reaches Summit
- Buckwheat, pancake supper fundraiser tradition for Ohiopyle firefighters
- Fayette man to ask U.S. high court to block retrial in 1987 homicide case
- Uniontown blaze under investigation
- Curtain rises on Penn State Fayette’s Shakespeare Festival
- Dunbar Township resident raises concerns about Morrell project
- Ghost, legends to haunt halls of Connellsville library
- Perryopolis’ history reflects diverse heritage of region
- Passing through Connellsville, DC-bound cyclists ride for veterans