Fayette County sets second week of jury trials
Fayette County will hold an extra session this month for criminal jury trials.
Criminal jury trials typically are held only during the first week of the month. Two pools of jurors are called to serve, with the first arriving on Monday and the second on Wednesday.
Through his office, President Judge John F. Wagner Jr. on Thursday confirmed that for October, criminal jury trials will be held the first and third weeks of the month.
The second session is possible because a panel of jurors already has been summoned to hear civil trials, but most of the civil cases that were set to go to trial have settled.
Court Administrator Karen Kuhn was not available Thursday to provide additional details.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Canteen displays dish out pieces of Connellsville history
- Patsy Cline tribute coming to Connellsville theater
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Man injured in North Union fire
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Uniontown woman goes on trial as driver in fatal wreck
- Supervisor testifies in trial of woman charged in deadly North Union crash