Fayette County sets second week of jury trials
Fayette County will hold an extra session this month for criminal jury trials.
Criminal jury trials typically are held only during the first week of the month. Two pools of jurors are called to serve, with the first arriving on Monday and the second on Wednesday.
Through his office, President Judge John F. Wagner Jr. on Thursday confirmed that for October, criminal jury trials will be held the first and third weeks of the month.
The second session is possible because a panel of jurors already has been summoned to hear civil trials, but most of the civil cases that were set to go to trial have settled.
Court Administrator Karen Kuhn was not available Thursday to provide additional details.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire damages state Rep. Ryan Warner’s office in North Union
- Connellsville-region grads to converge for Golden Reunion
- National veterans charity to receive funds raised in Connellsville pageant
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Connellsville gets spring scouring
- FRIENDS of Carnegie Free Library of Connellsville seeks members
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- Couple hope Connellsville shop will attract trail users
- Lynn: Crazy Cowboy Band to perform at Dawson Brownfield center
- Champion Christian School students to present biblical-based musical
- 3 oppose incumbent GOP Fayette commissioner