South Connellsville hosting car, bike show on Saturday
By Nancy Henry
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
South Connellsville will hold the Fourth Annual Car and Bike Show 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Scott C's Auto Sales sponsors the show.
A craft show is also a part of the day and many vendors will be there.
South Pittsburgh Street will be closed in front of the borough building so that cars can be parked on both sides. The crafts and vendors will be set up along Painter Street. A DJ will be spinning music for everyone to enjoy. Prizes will be given away. A 50/50 drawing will be held and food will be sold.
First, second and third place trophies will be awarded in each category. A new division this year is import. The others are Ford, Dodge/Mopar, muscle car, bike, truck, GM, rat rod, street rod, classic car, and antique. There will also be a few special trophies awarded. The entry fee is $5 per vehicle.
Last year the Kids' Choice Award was won by Eli Jacobs who was 3 years old at the time. He helped his Uncle Brandon Jacobs and his Pappy, Randy Jacobs, build it.
“Pappy painted it. Uncle Brandon fixed up some of the electrical stuff for me and made me my seat. It has a Honda motorcycle motor,” said Eli.
“He helped them sand it and was involved all the way,” said his grandmother, Theresa Jacobs. Eli is the third generation of Jacobs to build old cars. Last year he sat beside it at the car show all day, even taking time to wash it while there to be sure the bright orange paint looked its best.
“We are proud to sponsor this car and bike show in South Connellsville. It is always a nice event with a good crowd. The vehicle owners enjoy coming out and they like the fact that we always give away so many trophies. Woods Jewelry really does a nice job with the trophies for the different categories,” said Jeff Johnson, general manager at Scott C's Auto Sales.
“This is always a big day for the borough. We appreciate the car and bike owners and all the vendors who participate. We also appreciate Jeff Johnson and the folks at Scott C's for sponsoring this event each year. They do everything first class there,” said Pete Casini, mayor of South Connellsville.
The proceeds will benefit the South Connellsville Community Playground and the South Connellsville Volunteer Fire Company. Big B will be the DJ for the third year. Participants will receive door prizes and dash plaques, said Kim Laws, an organizer of the event.
Nancy Henry is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Recording studio joins Connellsville community center’s growing artist enclave
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- Connellsville community center enjoying rebirth
- UFO, Bigfoot encounters to be discussed at Connellsville library program
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Small-business opportunities exist in the Fay-West
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28