Connellsville foot chase ends in arrest of wanted man
A Connellsville man wanted on warrants was apprehended yesterday after a short chase in the city.
He is now behind bars.
Fred August Cornish IV, 27, was spotted by a state constable around noon Tuesday and was known to have four bench warrants and one warrant out of South Connellsville for theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property.
A foot chase ensued through downtown Connellsville involving the constable, Connellsville police, South Connellsville police and Connellsville Area School District police.
Cornish was taken into custody without incident in the 200 block of East Crawford Avenue at approximately 1:15 p.m.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at 1 p.m. Oct. 24 before Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Cornish is lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $30,000 bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Porterfield: Donegal Christian school plans blood drive
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- South Connellsville mayor charged with transferring gun without council permission
- Mystery writer to sign books at ArtWorks Connellsville
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Fayette dad’s appeal denied in 2012 conviction