Connellsville foot chase ends in arrest of wanted man
A Connellsville man wanted on warrants was apprehended yesterday after a short chase in the city.
He is now behind bars.
Fred August Cornish IV, 27, was spotted by a state constable around noon Tuesday and was known to have four bench warrants and one warrant out of South Connellsville for theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property.
A foot chase ensued through downtown Connellsville involving the constable, Connellsville police, South Connellsville police and Connellsville Area School District police.
Cornish was taken into custody without incident in the 200 block of East Crawford Avenue at approximately 1:15 p.m.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at 1 p.m. Oct. 24 before Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Cornish is lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $30,000 bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County Fair celebrates 60th anniversary
- Fayette attorney wants defense counsel disqualified
- Fayette woman dies in fall from ATV on National Pike
- Litigants against Fayette jail look to join forces
- Export man must register as sex offender
- Connellsville lecture on Saturday to focus on rejected human-rights ordinance
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Connellsville man in 2013 accident
- Old bricks get new purpose, Connellsville gets paved street
- Frazier teacher receives national honor
- Rain doesn’t dampen spirit of Connellsville triathlon
- Fayette County Fair nears kick-off