Connellsville foot chase ends in arrest of wanted man
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A Connellsville man wanted on warrants was apprehended yesterday after a short chase in the city.
He is now behind bars.
Fred August Cornish IV, 27, was spotted by a state constable around noon Tuesday and was known to have four bench warrants and one warrant out of South Connellsville for theft by unlawful taking and receiving stolen property.
A foot chase ensued through downtown Connellsville involving the constable, Connellsville police, South Connellsville police and Connellsville Area School District police.
Cornish was taken into custody without incident in the 200 block of East Crawford Avenue at approximately 1:15 p.m.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at 1 p.m. Oct. 24 before Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Cornish is lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $30,000 bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- Small-business opportunities exist in the Fay-West
- Planning underway for Connellsville Christmas event
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer
- Closure of West Side News shocks previous owners
- Masontown girl pulls off heroic task at state farm show