Uniontown police search for shooter
City police are investigating the shooting of a Uniontown man after 11 p.m. Monday near the Farragut Street housing units.
Lt. Tom Kolencik said Vernon Pratt, 29, was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh and released early Tuesday morning.
Pratt, who was shot in the lower back, was walking around when police arrived, Kolencik said.
Approximately 12 casings from two different caliber weapons were recovered near the northern end of the units.
Kolencik said police were told two people were firing from that location at a black sport utility vehicle.
Pratt, who was not a passenger in the vehicle, was somehow shot, according to police.
Police said witnesses reported seeing a black SUV fleeing the scene. They told police that it did not appear that any shots were fired by its occupants.
Two homes along South Grant Street and a vehicle in front of Farragut Street were damaged by gunfire, Kolencik said. Both homes were occupied, but no injuries were reported.
A gas meter in front of 21 Farragut St. that was struck and damaged has been repaired by Columbia Gas, Kolencik said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County candidates to meet with voters for ‘Cookies and Coffee’
- Connellsville voters in 2nd ward to report to new polling location
- Connellsville job fair continues to grow
- Bullskin Township Historical Society has its own ‘Iron Furnace Man’
- Changes made to annual Fall Foliage Ride on Yough River Trail
- 2 retired state troopers seek Fayette sheriff’s post
- Fayette County officer pleads guilty to punching man
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Ten Commandments monument in Connellsville moves to church property next to senior high
- Connellsville Zombie Prom organizers plan ‘a night to dismember’
- Dawson VFC selling tickets for gun bash at Linden Hall