Soup, sandwich lunch planned for Election Day
The Ladies Auxiliary of the Flatwoods Volunteer Fire Department will hold a soup and sandwich lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Election Day, Nov. 5 at the Franklin Township Community Center. Take-out will be available.
Just a reminder: Dawson Volunteer Fire Company will continue its door-to-door fund drive Nov. 2 throughout Dawson and Lower Tyrone Township.
The Dawson/Lower Tyrone Honor Roll Committee has a limited number of souvenir books of the dedication of the new monument for sale at $10 each. They can be mailed anywhere in the United States at no extra charge and are available at the Dawson post office or call 724-529-7298.
The next meeting of the Tri-Town Community Watch organization will be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 18 at the Dawson VFC hall on Galley Street in Dawson. Refreshments will be served after the meeting. All Tri-Town residents are welcome to attend.
Dawson VFC will host its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Nov. 4 in their station. All members are urged to attend.
Dawson VFC would like all area bingo players to know it has begun late night bingo games on the first and third Saturday of every month. Admission is $6 and the fun begins at 11 p.m.
Dawson VFC is hosting a Christmas bash Dec. 8. Tickets are available from any firefighter or at various area businesses. You can also get a ticket from firefighters or at any of Dawson VFC fundraising events.
Food bank dates for the month of November as follows:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church will host its monthly food distribution from 10 a.m. until noon Nov. 14.
• Produce for the People a food distribution program at the Fayette County Fairgrounds each month will hold its food distribution program from 10 a.m. until noon Nov. 14. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food bank from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Nov. 20.
Please remember to bring a box, basket or crate with you to any of these distribution sites to carry your items home in.
We all know that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Won't you please consider helping to make the Thanksgiving holiday just a little brighter by donating to your area food pantry or to another agency that helps area families to be able to enjoy the holidays. If everyone would donate just one or two nonperishable food items or just a dollar or two to area agencies, the holidays would be wonderful for those in need. Please find it in your heart to lend a hand this year.
Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. All area schools, banks, post offices, liquor stores and government offices will be closed in observance of this national holiday.
Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is offering free admission to its bingo game Nov. 17. If you bring any combination of five nonperishable food items with you when come to play bingo. On Nov. 24, you will be admitted if you bring a new toy to be donated to area programs for children for Christmas. On Dec. 7, Morrell Volunteer is hosting a toy bash. Tickets are $5 each and are available at various locations around the area. They are also available from Morrell Volunteer firefighters and at any of Morrell's fund-raising events. There are two types of tickets available. One for boys and one for girls.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Construction of Speedway in Perryopolis to affect traffic
- Connellsville Housing Authority properties to get upgrades
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- Mancuso running for register of wills in Fayette
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Lynn: Dawson VFC to hold Easter egg hunt
- Connellsville Recreation Board installs signs in parks
- Detours in place for work on routes 51, 30, 2027
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church