Conn-Area to bring back The Clarks
For the past 11 years, Conn-Area Catholic School has hosted a concert with professional performers to raise money to help children attend the school.
“We've probably raised over $100,000 in the past 11 years for our students,” said Kristin Baker, Conn-Area Catholic School business manager and event co-chairwoman. “The funds we raise directly benefit our students with tuition assistance.”
This year the school is bringing back a regional favorite, The Clarks.
Baker said this is the second time the popular band has headlined at the event. The last time was in 2006 at the State Theatre Center for the Arts in Uniontown.
This time The Clarks will take the stage at the Edwin S. Porter Theater in the Greater Connellsville Community Center on Friday.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with a “Concert Tailgate Party” on the second floor of the community center. The party will feature traditional tailgate foods for sale before the show and during intermission.
The opening act, Blake and Dean, is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.
The Clarks will take the stage at 8:30 p.m. and perform until approximately 10:30 p.m.
There will be two chances to win guitars signed by The Clarks. There is a Squire electric guitar by Fender Guitars that was donated by Micarelli Music Store in Uniontown and an Oscar Schmidt acoustic guitar by Washburn that was donated by Atkins Music Center in Connellsville.
Baker said one guitar will be raffled off and the other will be auctioned off during the show. Also, there will be a basket raffle and 50/50 raffle.
The event is sponsored by Amerikohl Mining Inc., Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Janney Montgomery and Scott, Colebrook Chocolate Company and St. Vincent College.
“Our sponsors and our advertisers make it possible to have this show,” Baker said.
Tickets for the concert are $20 each and available at Conn-Area Catholic School through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tickets can only be purchased with cash or checks.
“Providing seats are still available, we will sell them at the door,” Baker said.
Right now only floor seats are available for this performance, she added. “If the demand presents itself, we will open the balcony to general admission seating.”
For more information, call the school at 724-628-5090.
Linda Harkcom is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Quarantine lifted for most Fayette dogs