Accidental fire destroys Dunbar Twp. barn
A Fayette County barn full of hay was destroyed in an accidental fire Saturday evening.
Dickerson Run, Liberty and Vanderbilt Fire Department Assistant Chief Jack Washabaugh said no animals were inside the wood-frame structure at the time of the 8 p.m. blaze in Dunbar Township.
“When we got there, it was fully involved,” Washabaugh said.
About 10 fire departments responded to Leisenring Road, and firefighters remained on scene for about four hours, he said. The barn measured approximately 60 feet by 60 feet.
Washabaugh said the fire was accidentally sparked by a farmer working inside the barn. He did not know the name of the farm or property owner. No injuries were reported.
“There was no saving it,” Washabaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette Children and Youth Services to expand offices
- Belle Vernon Eagle Scout project draws praise
- Fayette Relay for Life moves to Uniontown church
- Connellsville Lions Club concert series continues through Sept. 6
- Mother of Fayette County killer wants to testify in closed courtroom
- Uniontown homicide suspect says high blood sugar level should negate statements to police
- Fayette County’s head detective named chief adult probation officer
- Henry: Churches to conduct festival this weekend in Connellsville
- Former Fayette County Democratic chairman, county commissioner Lebder dies at 94
- Former Fayette commissioner plans run as independent
- Fayette County residents warned muggy weather could cause health problems