Accidental fire destroys Dunbar Twp. barn
A Fayette County barn full of hay was destroyed in an accidental fire Saturday evening.
Dickerson Run, Liberty and Vanderbilt Fire Department Assistant Chief Jack Washabaugh said no animals were inside the wood-frame structure at the time of the 8 p.m. blaze in Dunbar Township.
“When we got there, it was fully involved,” Washabaugh said.
About 10 fire departments responded to Leisenring Road, and firefighters remained on scene for about four hours, he said. The barn measured approximately 60 feet by 60 feet.
Washabaugh said the fire was accidentally sparked by a farmer working inside the barn. He did not know the name of the farm or property owner. No injuries were reported.
“There was no saving it,” Washabaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Springfield Twp. family thankful despite blaze
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Connellsville gears up for big Christmas celebration
- Lost bear hunter from Westmoreland County located
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- RAPTOR program explained in Connellsville
- Salvation Army kettle campaign begins Friday in Connellsville area