Accidental fire destroys Dunbar Twp. barn
A Fayette County barn full of hay was destroyed in an accidental fire Saturday evening.
Dickerson Run, Liberty and Vanderbilt Fire Department Assistant Chief Jack Washabaugh said no animals were inside the wood-frame structure at the time of the 8 p.m. blaze in Dunbar Township.
“When we got there, it was fully involved,” Washabaugh said.
About 10 fire departments responded to Leisenring Road, and firefighters remained on scene for about four hours, he said. The barn measured approximately 60 feet by 60 feet.
Washabaugh said the fire was accidentally sparked by a farmer working inside the barn. He did not know the name of the farm or property owner. No injuries were reported.
“There was no saving it,” Washabaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Defense: Friendship led to death penalty pursuit in Fayette case
- Fayette DA’s office will remain on death penalty case