Accidental fire destroys Dunbar Twp. barn
A Fayette County barn full of hay was destroyed in an accidental fire Saturday evening.
Dickerson Run, Liberty and Vanderbilt Fire Department Assistant Chief Jack Washabaugh said no animals were inside the wood-frame structure at the time of the 8 p.m. blaze in Dunbar Township.
“When we got there, it was fully involved,” Washabaugh said.
About 10 fire departments responded to Leisenring Road, and firefighters remained on scene for about four hours, he said. The barn measured approximately 60 feet by 60 feet.
Washabaugh said the fire was accidentally sparked by a farmer working inside the barn. He did not know the name of the farm or property owner. No injuries were reported.
“There was no saving it,” Washabaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Car, bike show to outfit South Connellsville police
- Uniontown man to stand trial on drug, gun charges
- Apple Dumpling Festival planned at Connellsville Presbyterian Church
- Tangled Up in Brew beer festival returns to Connellsville
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- ‘Zombieville’ rises again for Connellsville 5K race
- Connellsville to crown homecoming queen Oct. 3
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- Fayette County officials respond to complaints about jail
- Seven Springs ski patrol director honored
- Tyrone Presbyterian Church plans calendar party at community center