Accidental fire destroys Dunbar Twp. barn
A Fayette County barn full of hay was destroyed in an accidental fire Saturday evening.
Dickerson Run, Liberty and Vanderbilt Fire Department Assistant Chief Jack Washabaugh said no animals were inside the wood-frame structure at the time of the 8 p.m. blaze in Dunbar Township.
“When we got there, it was fully involved,” Washabaugh said.
About 10 fire departments responded to Leisenring Road, and firefighters remained on scene for about four hours, he said. The barn measured approximately 60 feet by 60 feet.
Washabaugh said the fire was accidentally sparked by a farmer working inside the barn. He did not know the name of the farm or property owner. No injuries were reported.
“There was no saving it,” Washabaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- Sheetz to expand in Bullskin
- Sewage plans for hotel, Sheetz OK’d by Connellsville council
- Springfield students collect hygiene items
- Fayette seeks ownership of building for jail
- Statements to stand in Connellsville High School athlete’s slaying
- PennDOT schedules bridge meeting
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity