Man shot in wrist in Uniontown
A man told police in Uniontown he was shot in the right wrist as he drove on Coolspring Street Thursday morning.
Paul Walden Sr., age and hometown unavailable, was taken by medical helicopter to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va., following the shooting at 12:55 a.m., police said.
Walden told police he and an “unknown male” got into his vehicle on Austin Street. As he drove near Coolspring Street, Walden told police, he heard the sound of gunfire and bullets striking his vehicle.
Walden and his passenger fled the vehicle, which police found resting against a telephone pole on Coolspring Street. The vehicle had “multiple bullet holes” in its windshield, police said.
Police had no information about Walden's condition. A hospital spokesman could not be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Building collapses in Connellsville; mound of debris lands in street
- Bullskin supervisors award bids for Spruce Hollow Road bridge project
- Former Holy Trinity church to be remembered in Geibel service
- Connellsville focuses on revenues at first budget meeting
- Fayette DA urges end to verbal warfare
- Youth hockey team plans ‘Score a Goal for Hunger’
- Fayette trick-or-treaters will have to bundle up
- CAHS announces 2015 spring musical
- Skyliners to perform in Connellsville
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- New office manager touts Greater Connellsville Chamber