Man shot in wrist in Uniontown
A man told police in Uniontown he was shot in the right wrist as he drove on Coolspring Street Thursday morning.
Paul Walden Sr., age and hometown unavailable, was taken by medical helicopter to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va., following the shooting at 12:55 a.m., police said.
Walden told police he and an “unknown male” got into his vehicle on Austin Street. As he drove near Coolspring Street, Walden told police, he heard the sound of gunfire and bullets striking his vehicle.
Walden and his passenger fled the vehicle, which police found resting against a telephone pole on Coolspring Street. The vehicle had “multiple bullet holes” in its windshield, police said.
Police had no information about Walden's condition. A hospital spokesman could not be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Amish items available at Wavie and Janes in Connellsville
- Charleroi man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Connellsville students bringing Civil War to life
- Connellsville Area’s $4.8M budget gap raises specter of layoffs
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- DA’s office recused from Fayette man’s $110K cocaine case
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Connellsville Area Senior High School students work on mural in East Park
- Army unit reunites to honor fallen comrade in Uniontown