Man shot in wrist in Uniontown
A man told police in Uniontown he was shot in the right wrist as he drove on Coolspring Street Thursday morning.
Paul Walden Sr., age and hometown unavailable, was taken by medical helicopter to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va., following the shooting at 12:55 a.m., police said.
Walden told police he and an “unknown male” got into his vehicle on Austin Street. As he drove near Coolspring Street, Walden told police, he heard the sound of gunfire and bullets striking his vehicle.
Walden and his passenger fled the vehicle, which police found resting against a telephone pole on Coolspring Street. The vehicle had “multiple bullet holes” in its windshield, police said.
Police had no information about Walden's condition. A hospital spokesman could not be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Operator should have waited after ATV, train collision, Perry Township chief contends
- Troopers plan checkpoints on Fayette County roads
- Repairs on Adelaide Road set to begin
- Hiring of 8 full-time prison guards in Fayette County OK’d
- Merit Manor sewer line still a concern
- Frazier School District mulls $1.5M loan
- Uniontown fugitive wanted in shooting captured
- The Clarks go back to their roots with new album ‘Rewind’
- Fayette County fugitive sighting leads to chase in Morgantown, W.Va.
- Dunbar Twp. man, 82, accused of trying to rape home health aide may get probation
- Father, son offered plea deals in child pornography case in Fayette County