Car hits train; driver faces charges
A Dawson man was charged after his car was hit by a train on Friday night in Lower Tyrone Township, according to a state police report.
Cullen J. Hribal, 39, drove around railroad crossing gates at River Road and School Road about 10:55 p.m. and off the edge of the roadway, becoming stuck on the railroad crossing, state police said.
An approaching train hit the car and pushed it down the railroad tracks about 50 feet, police said.
Hribal was charged with failing to obey a signal indicating an approaching train.
Hribal was not injured. The police report indicated the crash may have involved alcohol.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville voters in 2nd ward to report to new polling location
- Connellsville job fair continues to grow
- Bullskin Township Historical Society has its own ‘Iron Furnace Man’
- Fayette County candidates to meet with voters for ‘Cookies and Coffee’
- Changes made to annual Fall Foliage Ride on Yough River Trail
- 2 retired state troopers seek Fayette sheriff’s post
- Fayette County officer pleads guilty to punching man
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Ten Commandments monument in Connellsville moves to church property next to senior high
- Connellsville Zombie Prom organizers plan ‘a night to dismember’
- Fayette man to ask U.S. high court to block retrial in 1987 homicide case