Car hits train; driver faces charges
A Dawson man was charged after his car was hit by a train on Friday night in Lower Tyrone Township, according to a state police report.
Cullen J. Hribal, 39, drove around railroad crossing gates at River Road and School Road about 10:55 p.m. and off the edge of the roadway, becoming stuck on the railroad crossing, state police said.
An approaching train hit the car and pushed it down the railroad tracks about 50 feet, police said.
Hribal was charged with failing to obey a signal indicating an approaching train.
Hribal was not injured. The police report indicated the crash may have involved alcohol.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- Refurbishing Uniontown church’s grotto is Eagle Scout project
- Connellsville Business and Professional Women’s Club planning candidates night