Car hits train; driver faces charges
A Dawson man was charged after his car was hit by a train on Friday night in Lower Tyrone Township, according to a state police report.
Cullen J. Hribal, 39, drove around railroad crossing gates at River Road and School Road about 10:55 p.m. and off the edge of the roadway, becoming stuck on the railroad crossing, state police said.
An approaching train hit the car and pushed it down the railroad tracks about 50 feet, police said.
Hribal was charged with failing to obey a signal indicating an approaching train.
Hribal was not injured. The police report indicated the crash may have involved alcohol.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Geibel grad dreams big, lands role in second feature film
- Laurel Highlands teacher ‘humbled’ by St. Vincent award
- Uniontown Lady Red Raiders softball players playing with heart
- Fayette judge: Man not competent to stand trial for fatal stabbing
- Couple hope Connellsville shop will attract trail users
- Connellsville to host job fair
- 3 oppose incumbent GOP Fayette commissioner
- Connellsville, Fayette officials vow to find solution to WCVI building problem
- Trail preparation commences in Connellsville
- Official says Connellsville on right path
- Democratic sheriff candidates in Fayette split on responsibility of office