Car hits train; driver faces charges
A Dawson man was charged after his car was hit by a train on Friday night in Lower Tyrone Township, according to a state police report.
Cullen J. Hribal, 39, drove around railroad crossing gates at River Road and School Road about 10:55 p.m. and off the edge of the roadway, becoming stuck on the railroad crossing, state police said.
An approaching train hit the car and pushed it down the railroad tracks about 50 feet, police said.
Hribal was charged with failing to obey a signal indicating an approaching train.
Hribal was not injured. The police report indicated the crash may have involved alcohol.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette jail foes want county to be stricken as intervenor in case
- Man held for trial in dragging of Redstone cop
- Breakneck Church to hold flea market, bake sale
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire
- Contest seeks Fayette student entries to name road to jail
- Sirochman: Fayette genealogy workshop planned for Wednesday
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Connellsville man held for court in robbery at Gibson Terrace
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality