Car hits train; driver faces charges
A Dawson man was charged after his car was hit by a train on Friday night in Lower Tyrone Township, according to a state police report.
Cullen J. Hribal, 39, drove around railroad crossing gates at River Road and School Road about 10:55 p.m. and off the edge of the roadway, becoming stuck on the railroad crossing, state police said.
An approaching train hit the car and pushed it down the railroad tracks about 50 feet, police said.
Hribal was charged with failing to obey a signal indicating an approaching train.
Hribal was not injured. The police report indicated the crash may have involved alcohol.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Leonard finishes season with Braves’ AAA affiliate
- Connellsville area’s weather into December could be mixed bag
- Volunteer program circles around poverty problem in Connellsville
- Lynn: Vanderbilt church to sponsor rabies clinic
- War display planned during Dunbar Fest
- For some, Dunbar Community Fest is a ‘homecoming’
- Frazier School Board chews over possibilities for Central Elementary
- Connellsville tech center names homecoming queen
- Evening of fun and games helps to fund foundation
- Connellsville sets trick-or-treat
- Central Fellowship Church, Connellsville, pastor retires after 31 years