Car hits train; driver faces charges
A Dawson man was charged after his car was hit by a train on Friday night in Lower Tyrone Township, according to a state police report.
Cullen J. Hribal, 39, drove around railroad crossing gates at River Road and School Road about 10:55 p.m. and off the edge of the roadway, becoming stuck on the railroad crossing, state police said.
An approaching train hit the car and pushed it down the railroad tracks about 50 feet, police said.
Hribal was charged with failing to obey a signal indicating an approaching train.
Hribal was not injured. The police report indicated the crash may have involved alcohol.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Redstone police sergeant put on unpaid leave in domestic dispute
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender