Fire engulfs two-story log home
A two-story log home sustained serious damage Monday afternoon in a Fayette County blaze that may have started in the basement.
Saltlick Township Volunteer Fire Department Chief Max Gales said the Millerstown Road home was fully engulfed with flames shooting out of the roof upon firefighters' arrival around 1:30 p.m. Two people were home at the time, but were not injured, he said.
“They were able to get out,” Gales said.
The all-wood structure made it tough to put out the fire, he said. About six fire departments assisted Saltlick firefighters until the blaze was under control at about 6 p.m.
“It was burning pretty good,” Gales said.
No one was injured. A state police fire marshal is investigating the cause.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Mt. Zion Christian Academy holding huge yard sale
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Connellsville to honor local legend Harold Betters