Girl dies from injuries, North Union father charged
Police in Fayette County charged a 30-year-old man Friday evening in the death of his 20-month-old daughter.
Domer Wade Burkholder Jr. of 600 Washington Ave., North Union, is accused of criminal homicide in the death of Caylee Burkholder.
According to state police, Caylee Burkholder was treated Friday afternoon at Uniontown Hospital, then transferred to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh “for severe internal injuries, most likely the result of physical abuse.” She died a few hours later, police said.
Police allege Domer Burkholder “struck the child in her abdomen” the previous evening at their home in the Holiday Mobile Home Park.
Fayette Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly confirmed last night that Caylee Burkholder was pronounced dead at the hospital on Friday.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday at the office of Dr. Cyril Wecht in Pittsburgh.
Burkholder was awaiting arraignment at the Fayette County Booking Center in Uniontown Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Masontown bakery owner hopes for recipe for success
- Scottdale funeral director to head state group
- New office manager touts Greater Connellsville Chamber
- ‘Faces and Voices of Connellsville’ taps local memories
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- New Haven to host Halloween parade on Tuesday
- Connellsville City Council pays into pension plans for police, firefighters
- Interchange named for longtime Democratic Party leader who advocated for Mon-Fayette Expressway
- Youth hockey team plans ‘Score a Goal for Hunger’
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union