Girl dies from injuries, North Union father charged
Police in Fayette County charged a 30-year-old man Friday evening in the death of his 20-month-old daughter.
Domer Wade Burkholder Jr. of 600 Washington Ave., North Union, is accused of criminal homicide in the death of Caylee Burkholder.
According to state police, Caylee Burkholder was treated Friday afternoon at Uniontown Hospital, then transferred to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh “for severe internal injuries, most likely the result of physical abuse.” She died a few hours later, police said.
Police allege Domer Burkholder “struck the child in her abdomen” the previous evening at their home in the Holiday Mobile Home Park.
Fayette Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly confirmed last night that Caylee Burkholder was pronounced dead at the hospital on Friday.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday at the office of Dr. Cyril Wecht in Pittsburgh.
Burkholder was awaiting arraignment at the Fayette County Booking Center in Uniontown Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WCVI owner: Building not that bad
- Geibel announces homecoming court
- York Avenue Bridge could remain 1 lane for 3-5 years
- Project Talent fills Connellsville community center with creepy things
- Uniontown man to stand trial on drug, gun charges
- Car, bike show to outfit South Connellsville police
- Tangled Up in Brew beer festival returns to Connellsville
- ‘Zombieville’ rises again for Connellsville 5K race
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- Apple Dumpling Festival planned at Connellsville Presbyterian Church
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’