Girl dies from injuries, North Union father charged
Police in Fayette County charged a 30-year-old man Friday evening in the death of his 20-month-old daughter.
Domer Wade Burkholder Jr. of 600 Washington Ave., North Union, is accused of criminal homicide in the death of Caylee Burkholder.
According to state police, Caylee Burkholder was treated Friday afternoon at Uniontown Hospital, then transferred to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh “for severe internal injuries, most likely the result of physical abuse.” She died a few hours later, police said.
Police allege Domer Burkholder “struck the child in her abdomen” the previous evening at their home in the Holiday Mobile Home Park.
Fayette Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly confirmed last night that Caylee Burkholder was pronounced dead at the hospital on Friday.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday at the office of Dr. Cyril Wecht in Pittsburgh.
Burkholder was awaiting arraignment at the Fayette County Booking Center in Uniontown Friday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defense attorney in Connellsville shooting challenges account of officer who resigned while under investigation
- Construction of Speedway in Perryopolis to affect traffic
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Father-and-son blacksmiths still firing up forge in Farmington
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- Seton Hill student to run for Connellsville Council
- Zimmerlink seeking 4th term in Fayette
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church