Uniontown district's new food service director promises interesting meals
Chuck Brown of Nutrition Inc., Uniontown Area School District's new food service director, said he plans to make meals interesting for students to encourage them to adopt healthy eating habits.
One of his new food options for students will be a personal pan pizza.
“We want to make it fun for the kids so we can get them to choose healthier options,” he said. “Pizza is just one of the meals I will be planning. There are so many different ways to prepare chicken on a grill. I'm very excited about this new position.”
Brown said he began his food service career at King's Restaurant many years ago. He spent 18 years working for Eat'n Park.
“The Uniontown School District is a great fit for me and my family,” Brown said. “I want to get the kids excited about the food that we will be preparing for them. My door is always open to the students, teachers and administrators.”
School board member Dorothy Grahek said she is concerned about children who don't make healthy choices for their lunches.
“I think we can do that through the new options that I will be offering to students,” Brown said. “It's a matter of how the food is presented to the students.”
Cindy Ekas is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Warrant issued for Hopwood man accused of burglary
- Former Connellsville councilman’s foresight led to happier trails
- Connellsville-area group shares photos, stories, legacy
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Connellsville Rite Aid robbed
- New HR director in place in Fayette; commissioner remains opposed to hiring
- Robbery charges against Elizabeth Township man dismissed
- Analyst: Connellsville in position to grow with region
- Everyone encouraged to participate in Connellsville Holy Week events
- Connellsville Area Community Ministries surpasses Sharing The Harvest Campaign goal
- Porterfield: Fish dinner benefits Normalville Fire auxiliary