Uniontown district's new food service director promises interesting meals
Chuck Brown of Nutrition Inc., Uniontown Area School District's new food service director, said he plans to make meals interesting for students to encourage them to adopt healthy eating habits.
One of his new food options for students will be a personal pan pizza.
“We want to make it fun for the kids so we can get them to choose healthier options,” he said. “Pizza is just one of the meals I will be planning. There are so many different ways to prepare chicken on a grill. I'm very excited about this new position.”
Brown said he began his food service career at King's Restaurant many years ago. He spent 18 years working for Eat'n Park.
“The Uniontown School District is a great fit for me and my family,” Brown said. “I want to get the kids excited about the food that we will be preparing for them. My door is always open to the students, teachers and administrators.”
School board member Dorothy Grahek said she is concerned about children who don't make healthy choices for their lunches.
“I think we can do that through the new options that I will be offering to students,” Brown said. “It's a matter of how the food is presented to the students.”
Cindy Ekas is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vandergrift church to host hunter breakfast
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Celebration of song welcomes season of giving in Connellsville
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- CAHS Patriots spread cheer to soldiers