Daily Courier Gift Club accepting unwrapped gifts for Toys for Tots campaign
The Daily Courier's Holiday Gift Club, in conjunction with the Marine Corps 2013 Toys for Tots campaign, has begun.
The gift club will help provide needy children, mainly in the Fayette County area, with toys for Christmas. There is a special need for toys for children ages 8 to 12.
Anyone who wants to make the holidays a little brighter for a needy child is asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Daily Courier office, 127 W. Apple St., Connellsville, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A Daily Courier photographer will take photos of the donors and their toys for publication. Toys will be accepted until Dec. 11.
For more information about the gift club, call Linda Keffer from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays at 724-626-3541.
Daniel Martin, Toys for Tots program coordinator, said the final sign-up for Toys for Tots program will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 5 at the Uniontown Mall. Toys will be given to children through age 12 who are residents of Fayette County.
To register, applicants must bring these items:
• Parents must bring photo identification, proof of Fayette County residency and green Access card.
• For the children, parents must bring medical card and proof of date of birth.
Do not call Uniontown Mall for sign-up information. There is no phone registration for the Toys for Tots program.
Pick-up dates for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program for those who have registered will be Dec. 16 and 17. Those whose last names begin with the letters A through K will pick up on Dec. 16. Those whose names begin with the letters L through Z should pick up on Dec. 17. Remember to bring your yellow registration slip, photo ID, proof of address, children's medical cards, your green Access card and proof of children's ages with you when you attend. Distribution will be held from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. both days.
Toys for Children
The Mt. Pleasant Area Junior-Senior High School student council will sponsor the 21st annual Toys for Children program at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 18.
Council members have given away more than $16,350 in toys during the last eight years. Its members have purchased toys for more than 790 children in that time.
The event will take place in the school cafeteria, with the toys, snacks and drinks to be provided by the council members.
Santa Claus will visit from the North Pole to pass out the presents to the children.
Any Mt. Pleasant resident who has children between the ages of 1-11 who is struggling to purchase toys should register by calling 724-547-4100, ext. 1000. The deadline to register for the event is Dec. 5.
Any contribution, gift or donation will be appreciated.
Only new toys are given to the children. Donations of wrapping paper, tape, toys, monetary contributions and snacks/drinks to help make the children's night more enjoyable are being accepted.
For more information, contact Bill Barber at 724-547-4100, ext. 1222.
Any monetary gift can be sent to the high school in care of Senior High Student Council or can be distributed to any student council member.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Everson volunteer firefighters set to sell hoagies
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Fayette County judge refuses to dismiss dragging case against Hiller man
- Connellsville Area High School Patriots participate in Wreaths Across America
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Torture argument allowed in Connellsville homicide case
- Everson OKs spending plan without tax hike
- Uniontown raid leads to 2 drug arrests