Vanderbilt distributing new house number signs
Bonnie Ambrose and Sheila Kurtz will be at the Vanderbilt Borough building on Wednesday and Thursday from 4 to 6 p.m. distributing new house number signs and house numbers. Borough workers will be available to assist residents with installing these items. Residents may use the numbers and signs distributed or anything of their own choosing that identifies their addresses. All new house numbers must be in place by Dec. 31. All old house numbers must be removed from properties by the same date.
Vanderbilt is continuing its borough cleanup. Fires must be extinguished by 5 p.m. Residents may burn Monday through Saturday until then.
Morrell Volunteer Fire Department is holding a toy bash on Saturday. Tickets are available for this event. Price is $5 each. See any firefighter for tickets.
Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. is selling tickets for a Christmas bash to be held on Sunday. Tickets are $20 each and can be obtained at several area businesses or at any of the fire company's Tuesday evening bingo games or late night games, which are held the first and third Saturday of every month. You can also contact any member for tickets.
Brownfield Community Center is taking reservations to a “Breakfast with Santa” event to be held Dec. 14. The fee is $5 per person. Reservations are due by Saturday and can be made by calling 724-529-2930.
Greater Connellsville Area Community Center is joining the Connellsville Christmas celebration by opening its doors for the Hall of Trees. The center is requesting businesses, groups, organizations, nonprofits and individuals donate a decorated Christmas tree for this event. The trees will be given away on Sunday. The tree can be an advertisement, a theme, a promotion of your business or anything else and can be tall or short. The tree should be ready for display Wednesday. Also, the center is in need of vendors for its three-day event, which will begin on Friday evening and finish on Sunday afternoon. Setup can begin on Thursday. The vendor cost for the three days is $25 or $10 for the day. In addition, the Porter Theater is hosting a Christmas musical during the weekend. Tickets are $10 for the show. More events are being scheduled for the weekend at the center; look for a schedule of events. To reserve a vendor space, to donate a tree or for advance tickets, call 724-628-0629, 724-984-1746 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pickup dates for Toys for Tots have been announced. Those whose last names with the letters A through K will pick up on Dec. 16. If your last name begins with the letters L through Z, you will pick up on Dec. 17. Please keep in mind that toys will be distributed from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. only at the Uniontown Mall. Remember to bring your yellow registration slip, photo ID, Access Card, proof of address and children's medical cards with you to pickup.
Just a reminder — food bank distribution dates for the month of December are:
• 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 12 at East Liberty Presbyterian Church, Vanderbilt. If you have registered with them for toys for your children for Christmas, you must pick them up on this day or they will be donated to charity.
• 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 12, Produce for the People at the Fayette County fairgrounds. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
• 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Dec. 18 at Leisenring Presbyterian Church.
Happy Hanukkah to all of our Jewish friends and Merry Christmas to everyone.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewage plans for hotel, Sheetz OK’d
- Sheetz to expand in Bullskin
- Candidates address equal rights, economic equity
- Fayette seeks ownership of building for jail
- PennDOT schedules bridge meeting
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- Statements to stand in Connellsville High School athlete’s slaying