Connellsville B&B brunch to benefit library, garden club
Lucy King, owner of Connellsville Bed & Breakfast, is partnering with the Friends of the Connellsville Carnegie Free Library and the Connellsville Area Garden Club to serve Sunday brunch on five Sundays in January and February.
Sixteen people can be seated at one time.
“This is a great opportunity for families, clubs, friends, church members, choirs and groups to enjoy each other's company in the wonderful atmosphere that Lucy has created at her quaint B&B,” said Karen Macko, a Friends member.
Every Sunday King will prepare a different menu.
On Jan. 12, there will be zucchini frittata that contains zucchini, Italian cheeses, onions and sausage.
The Jan. 19 menu will include banana pancakes with caramel sauce and Canadian bacon.
On Jan. 26, there will be crepes with lemon cream cheese filling and raspberry sauce, baked eggs in caramelized onions topped with toasted bread cubes, cheddar cheese and bacon.
The menu for Feb. 9 will feature a breakfast sandwich with ham, hard-boiled egg, special sauce, Swiss cheese sprinkled with Hungarian paprika toasted under the broiler.
Feb. 16 will be a Valentine's Day Special that will feature apple and brie omelets, ham, chocolates and a special beverage.
All breakfasts have a choice of beverage, juice, breads, jams, flavored butters, fruit, hot cereal with toppings, homemade granola with choice of dried fruits, and homemade muesli.
The Friends and members of the garden club will help sell tickets and will volunteer to serve at the brunches.
Two seatings will be offered on each Sunday at 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 per person for every Sunday, except the Valentine's Day brunch on Feb. 16 that will cost $20.
Tickets can be purchased by calling 724-628-1513 or by contacting any members of the Friends or the garden club. Tickets must be purchased in advance. “I am happy to be supporting our community in this way,” said King.
“Plan now to enjoy this special brunch prepared by Chef Lucy, who is as generous as she is talented. Lucy is giving 3⁄4 of the profits to be split between the Friends and garden club. This is Connellsville at its best,” said Macko.
Connellsville Bed & Breakfast is at 316 W. Crawford Ave. Information is available online at www.carnegiefreelib.org.
Nancy Henry is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Fayette DA’s office will remain on death penalty case
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park
- Police hunt for North Union shooter