Police probe 2 armed convenience store robberies
State police at Uniontown are trying to determine whether there is any connection between two armed robberies of two Circle K convenience stores in Dunbar Township and South Union on Thursday.
The Circle K store at 201 W. Crawford Ave., Dunbar Township, was robbed at about 2:32 a.m. by a man who brandished a silver-gray-colored handgun. The robber was 5 feet, 5 inches to 5 feet, 10 inches tall and wore a burgundy coat, gloves and a ski mask.
He may have arrived in a dark-colored two-door passenger vehicle, possibly with tinted windows.
The Circle K store at 251 Hopwood-Fairchance Road was robbed at 9 p.m. by a man who also displayed a handgun. He was described as being about 6 feet tall with an athletic build, wearing a gray sweatshirt with black lettering across the chest and dark-colored pants.
As the robber left the store, two people who were walking toward the store ran when they saw him. They heard a single gunshot, and a shell casing was found.
There was no report of injuries.
The robber may have left in a tan-colored minivan that drove on Hopwood-Fairchance Road toward Route 40.
Anyone with information about either robbery is asked to contact Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Porterfield: Donegal Christian school plans blood drive
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Fayette dad’s appeal denied in 2012 conviction
- Connellsville looks for ways to raise money, cut expenses
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Major storm skips past Fay-West area