Dawson VFC announces roster of officers
The Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. has announced the roster of officers and line officers for 2014. They are: President Terry Newell, First Vice President Melissa Loughman, Second Vice President Gary Huffine Sr., Treasurer Kimberly Colbert, Financial Secretary Justin Livingston, Secretary Nonnie Colbert, Assistant Secretary Barb Wilhelm, Chief Billy Colbert, Assistant Chief Melissa Loughman, Captain No. 1 Rick Loughman, Captain No. 2 Doug Butler, Lieutenant No. 1 Justin Livingston, Lieutenant No. 2 Chris Keffer and Safety Officers Terry Newell and Mark Enos.
An additional officer will be announced on Wednesday; congratulations to one and all.
Dawson VFC will hold a New Year's Eve dinner with music by the High Ryder Band from 8 p.m. to midnight Tuesday. Price is $20; for a reservation, call 724-415-6102 by Sunday. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m.
School will resume for all students in the Connellsville Area and Frazier School Districts on Thursday.
Food bank distribution dates for the month of January are as follows:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church, Vanderbilt from 10 a.m. to noon on Jan. 9.
• Produce for the People, Fayette County Fairgrounds from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 9
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church from 8:30 at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 15.
Keep in mind that volunteers and donations are always welcome. Please remember to bring a box or basket with you to carry your items home in.
The Dawson-Perryopolis Salvation Army Service Unit would like to say a big thank you to Morrell Volunteer Fire Department, DL&V Volunteer Fire Department and Rick and Tiffany Adobato of the Tri-Town Market for helping to make Christmas a little brighter for area children. Your kindness and generosity will never be forgotten.
It is here, the holiday season. Many of us will be celebrating the new year by hosting or attending a New Year's Eve party. Please take care. We would like to see each and every one of you make it through this happy time of the year unscathed. If you will be hosting or attending a party, please monitor the use of alcohol by friends and family. Don't let anyone leave if they seem to have had a little too much holiday. Take their keys, have them stay overnight, offer them a ride or call a cab — please don't let any friends or family members drive drunk. Remember to keep all alcoholic beverages out of the reach of children. Play it safe, please.
That's it for this week folks. If you have something that you would like to see in this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 270 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428. Due to the holiday schedule, please have your information to me by 6 p.m. Sunday so that I can prepare my column for the following week. Thank you and have a Happy New Year everyone.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- Family, friends show their support for Fayette County woman
- ‘Willy Wonka Jr.’ is Conn-Area Catholic School’s 10th annual musical
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified