Fire forces family from Springfield home
Members of a Springfield Township family lost their home in a fire reported at 10:38 a.m. on Sunday.
The American Red Cross, Fayette Chapter, assisted two adults and one child whose mobile home in the 100 block of Foxburg Road was destroyed by the blaze. The fire was extinguished by about 12:30 p.m.
Firemen from Normalville, Springfield, Saltlick and Chestnut Ridge volunteer fire departments fought the blaze.
No further information was available.
The Red Cross said that among the possessions lost were numerous Christmas gifts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority receives $47,000 in partnership program grant funds
- Connellsville Area Career and Technical Center students to attend post-secondary schools
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown
- Masontown woman charged with leaving infant in hot vehicle
- Masontown woman seeks probationary program in theft case
- Henry: Family fun, fireworks this weekend in Connellsville
- Uniontown natives’ charity honors friend wounded in Afghanistan
- Author, novel showcased at Connellsville event
- Librarian chronicles history of Fayette County executions
- Advocates peddle development on Sheepskin Trail