Fire forces family from Springfield home
Members of a Springfield Township family lost their home in a fire reported at 10:38 a.m. on Sunday.
The American Red Cross, Fayette Chapter, assisted two adults and one child whose mobile home in the 100 block of Foxburg Road was destroyed by the blaze. The fire was extinguished by about 12:30 p.m.
Firemen from Normalville, Springfield, Saltlick and Chestnut Ridge volunteer fire departments fought the blaze.
No further information was available.
The Red Cross said that among the possessions lost were numerous Christmas gifts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed
- Dunbar flood victims thankful for help
- Connellsville Canteen features Woodruff tribute
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer