TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire forces family from Springfield home

Daily Photo Galleries

By Daily Courier
Sunday, Jan. 5, 2014, 4:48 p.m.
 

Members of a Springfield Township family lost their home in a fire reported at 10:38 a.m. on Sunday.

The American Red Cross, Fayette Chapter, assisted two adults and one child whose mobile home in the 100 block of Foxburg Road was destroyed by the blaze. The fire was extinguished by about 12:30 p.m.

Firemen from Normalville, Springfield, Saltlick and Chestnut Ridge volunteer fire departments fought the blaze.

No further information was available.

The Red Cross said that among the possessions lost were numerous Christmas gifts.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Fayette

  1. Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
  2. Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
  3. Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
  4. Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
  5. Vandergrift church to host hunter breakfast
  6. Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail
  7. SCI-Fayette inmate ends 18-day hunger strike
  8. Fayette County man to serve 12-24 years for raping girl
  9. Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
  10. Connellsville posts $174K deficit
  11. Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.