Structure fires in Bullskin, Mt. Pleasant Borough keep crews busy
Two structure fires kept fire crews busy before noon on Tuesday in Bullskin Township and Mt. Pleasant Borough.
Fire departments from Bullskin, Connellsville Township and Everson responded to a working structure fire at a mobile home at 343 Bellview Road at approximately 10:27 a.m.
According to Fayette County property records, the home is owned by Carl Wiltrout Jr. and Carla Wiltrout of Connellsville.
Dusty Rhodes, Captain One with Bullskin Township VFD, said there were no injuries from the fire because nobody was home at the time and a neighbor called 911.
Rhodes said the cause and origin of the fire were unknown at this time, but said they were lucky the fire didn't claim the entire mobile home.
“We contained the fire in the front room of the trailer,” Rhodes said, “and that's a good thing because that saved the trailer.”
No other information was available by at presstime.
A garage fire broke out approximately 10:30 a.m. at 808 Smithfield St. in Mt. Pleasant Borough.
Mt. Pleasant Fire Chief Gerald Lucia said the fire started from a battery charger that was hooked up to a motorcycle battery.
Lucia said the motorcycle and the car inside the garage were destroyed.
“The garage sustained moderate damage, but is still intact,” Lucia said, adding that firefighters were there for about an hour before clearing the scene.
No injuries were reported.
Lucia added the homeowner is from the Pittsburgh area.
Along with Mt. Pleasant, fire departments from Scottdale, East Huntingdon and Norvelt and Medic 10 EMS responded to the scene.
Mark Hofmann is a Trib staff writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Township VFD given $61,750 Homeland Security grant
- WCVI owner: Building not that bad
- Project Talent fills Connellsville community center with creepy things
- York Avenue Bridge could remain 1 lane for 3-5 years
- Geibel announces homecoming court
- ‘Zombieville’ rises again for Connellsville 5K race
- Car, bike show to outfit South Connellsville police
- Tangled Up in Brew beer festival returns to Connellsville
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Uniontown man to stand trial on drug, gun charges
- Porterfield: Normalville firemen will hold poker run on Saturday