Lunch to acclimate Connellsville, Fayette County small businesses to new growth potential
The economy of northern Fayette County and Connellsville is changing and small businesses need to know how to take advantage of the new climate.
Fayette County Cultural Trust, in partnership with Seton Hill University E-Magnify, will conduct a “Lunch and Learn” session for small businesses from noon until 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in the new Connellsville Canteen Coffee Shop at 131 W. Crawford Ave.
Speakers will be Bill Flanagan, executive vice president of corporate relations for the Allegheny Conference and host of “Our Region's Business” on WPXI-TV; and Michael A. Jordan Jr., executive director of the Fay-Penn Economic Development Council.
Flanagan will discuss the 2014 economic business forecast for the Fayette County region. Jordan will focus on plans for Connellsville and the area around the city, including the new Dunbar Industrial Park.
Michael Edwards, president of the cultural trust, said the session is the second planned to help small businesses learn how to take advantage of the developments in manufacturing and in the oil and gas industry. More sessions are planned for February and March.
The event is sponsored by Somerset Trust Co., Downtown Connellsville, Connellsville Redevelopment Authority and the Greater Connellsville Chamber of Commerce.
The first in the series, held at the end of 2013 and sponsored by Somerset Trust Co., focused on global economic indications. Edwards said the event was well attended.
“Downtown Connellsville wanted to continue that so (they) talked to Seton Hill and the Small Business Administration,” Edwards said.
The program is aimed at helping small businesses determine their niche in the broader economy. Another goal is to introduce small-business owners to larger business and industrial leaders so that they can establish connections to make their products and services available.
The Tuesday session is free, but reservations must be made immediately because of limited space. Contact Edwards at email@example.com or at 724-626-1645.
Karl Polacek is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3538.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Canteen features Woodruff tribute
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Vandergrift church to host hunter breakfast
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Connellsville posts $174K deficit
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Uniontown man charged with taking $16K from PTO