Last chance to get in on Brownfield library's 'Sled into Reading with Us' program
The last chance to get in on the children's reading program at the Brownfield Community Center Library will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. The theme is “Sled into Reading with Us.”
• Morrell Volunteer Fire Department will hold a cash bash from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $10 and includes a number of chances at some great cash prizes as well as your meal. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
• DL&V Volunteer Fire Department will hold a gun bash on March 1. Tickets are $20 each. You can pick up a ticket at the Tri-Town Market or Sweet Peas in Vanderbilt or by contacting any DL&V firefighter. You can also get a ticket at any of the department's Friday evening bingo games.
• Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 3. All members are urged to attend. Keep in mind that dues for the current year are now due and payable.
• Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Feb. 10. All Borough residents are welcome to attend.
• Food bank distribution dates for February are as follows:
— East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt, 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 13.
— Produce to the People at the Fayette County fairgrounds, 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 13.
— Leisenring Presbyterian Church, Leisenring, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 19.
Please remember to bring a box, basket or crate to carry your items home in and keep in mind that donations and volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
• Just a heads up, Valentine's Day is fast approaching. You still have time to plan a nice evening out for you and your sweetie.
• The weather here has been brutally cold and snowy. Please remember to check in on your elderly neighbors and relatives daily during this cold spell to ensure that they are safe and healthy.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- Construction of Speedway in Perryopolis to affect traffic
- Detours in place for work on routes 51, 30, 2027
- Improvements sought for Dickerson Run Park in Liberty
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
- Connellsville Recreation Board installs signs in parks
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Connellsville area’s secular, parochial schools push students to excel academically, technologically, leaders say
- Seton Hill student to run for Connellsville Council