Last chance to get in on Brownfield library's 'Sled into Reading with Us' program
The last chance to get in on the children's reading program at the Brownfield Community Center Library will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. The theme is “Sled into Reading with Us.”
• Morrell Volunteer Fire Department will hold a cash bash from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $10 and includes a number of chances at some great cash prizes as well as your meal. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
• DL&V Volunteer Fire Department will hold a gun bash on March 1. Tickets are $20 each. You can pick up a ticket at the Tri-Town Market or Sweet Peas in Vanderbilt or by contacting any DL&V firefighter. You can also get a ticket at any of the department's Friday evening bingo games.
• Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 3. All members are urged to attend. Keep in mind that dues for the current year are now due and payable.
• Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Feb. 10. All Borough residents are welcome to attend.
• Food bank distribution dates for February are as follows:
— East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt, 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 13.
— Produce to the People at the Fayette County fairgrounds, 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 13.
— Leisenring Presbyterian Church, Leisenring, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 19.
Please remember to bring a box, basket or crate to carry your items home in and keep in mind that donations and volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
• Just a heads up, Valentine's Day is fast approaching. You still have time to plan a nice evening out for you and your sweetie.
• The weather here has been brutally cold and snowy. Please remember to check in on your elderly neighbors and relatives daily during this cold spell to ensure that they are safe and healthy.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Polar Bear Club ready for New Year’s
- Lynn: Fayette communities enjoying holidays
- Greater Connellsville chamber seeks nominations
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Connellsville High announces leads for March musical
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Fayette man faces prison for mail fraud