Last chance to get in on Brownfield library's 'Sled into Reading with Us' program
The last chance to get in on the children's reading program at the Brownfield Community Center Library will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. The theme is “Sled into Reading with Us.”
• Morrell Volunteer Fire Department will hold a cash bash from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $10 and includes a number of chances at some great cash prizes as well as your meal. See any Morrell firefighter for tickets.
• DL&V Volunteer Fire Department will hold a gun bash on March 1. Tickets are $20 each. You can pick up a ticket at the Tri-Town Market or Sweet Peas in Vanderbilt or by contacting any DL&V firefighter. You can also get a ticket at any of the department's Friday evening bingo games.
• Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 3. All members are urged to attend. Keep in mind that dues for the current year are now due and payable.
• Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Feb. 10. All Borough residents are welcome to attend.
• Food bank distribution dates for February are as follows:
— East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt, 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 13.
— Produce to the People at the Fayette County fairgrounds, 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 13.
— Leisenring Presbyterian Church, Leisenring, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 19.
Please remember to bring a box, basket or crate to carry your items home in and keep in mind that donations and volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
• Just a heads up, Valentine's Day is fast approaching. You still have time to plan a nice evening out for you and your sweetie.
• The weather here has been brutally cold and snowy. Please remember to check in on your elderly neighbors and relatives daily during this cold spell to ensure that they are safe and healthy.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- HObo Model Railroad Club display back in Connellsville
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Springfield Twp. family thankful despite blaze
- Covenant Community Ministries unites 4 churches in Western Pa.
- McCarthy: Family of Incarcerated to meet in Connellsville
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Connellsville gears up for big Christmas celebration
- $7K donated to help Bullskin Township boys with rare disease
- Connellsville Planning Commission approves reviews, permits