Connellsville Presbyterian Church plans sale, apple dumpling pre-sale
An apple dumpling pre-sale will be a part of the Connellsville Presbyterian Church's annual Indoor Yard Sale on Feb. 1.
The homemade apple dumplings, made by church volunteers, continue to be popular and members are trying to accommodate requests from those who like to buy the treats throughout the year.
“We often get inquiries asking when the apple dumplings will be sold beyond the traditional two weeks each August. We thought that the Indoor Yard Sale date would work for order pickup,” church secretary Nancy Luckey said. “People may want to shop when they are here.”
The apple dumplings can be ordered in any amount at $3.50 each by calling 724-628-3704. The deadline is Monday. Orders can be picked up between 9 a.m. and noon Feb. 1.
The Indoor Yard Sale will be held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the church basement. Anyone is welcome to participate as a seller by reserving a table or tables at $10 each; the tables will be provided and set up. Deadline for table reservation is also Monday; call 724-628-4401.
Those who have items they would like to get rid of but who are not interested in setting up to sell can donate them (except clothing) to be sold by the church youth group, Faith Finders. These youngsters, ages 3-14, meet each Wednesday evening and are raising money for their mission project, which is collecting funds to donate to Connellsville Area Community Ministries. All children of the community are welcome to attend Faith Finders.
Sellers will be featuring many interesting items, including soccer shoes, tools, antiques, toys, puzzles, games and books. Housewares include collectibles, tupperware, glass bowls and china.
Refreshments will be sold, with proceeds from food sales going to CACM. Items will include hot dogs and sauerkraut, sloppy joes, chips, pop, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and doughnuts.
“Our church has been holding this Indoor Yard Sale for seven years and we always get a fantastic crowd who are ready and eager to come in when the doors open at 9 a.m.,” Luckey said. “There is no admission fee. We invite everyone to come look around and do some bargain-hunting.”
The church is at 711 S. Pittsburgh St.
Nancy Henry is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defense: Friendship led to death penalty pursuit in Fayette case
- Millertown church to hold Word of Life program kickoff
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Connellsville walkers get dose of railroad talk, tracing trains’ track
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Lions Square Summer Concert Series will conclude Sunday
- Fayette prison board wants to cut crowding
- Area Scouts earn badge at Connellsville airport
- Chalk Hill man charged in fatal Bullskin crash
- Rain washes out road, blamed in death of Perryopolis man in Perry Township