TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Dunbar Township family escapes house fire

Email Newsletters

Click here to sign up for one of our email newsletters.
Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, 11:12 p.m.
 

A Fayette County family escaped injury Tuesday when a coal furnace apparently ignited a house fire in Dunbar Township.

Dunbar Volunteer Fire Lt. Mike Breakiron Jr. said a fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at the two-story home of Mark and Joanne Garletts, 823 Furnace Road. Breakiron said several people inside the home got out safely and that quick response resulted in minimal fire damage to the structure.

“We knocked it down pretty quickly,” Breakiron said. “It was mostly smoke damage.”

Breakiron said a majority of the damage was confined to the basement.

The family likely will relocate until the house can be cleaned, Breakiron said.

Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.

 

 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Fayette

  1. Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
  2. Lynn: Memorial Day service to be held in Tri-Town area
  3. Army unit reunites to honor fallen comrade in Uniontown
  4. South Connellsville man has fond memories of service in Navy
  5. Keepsake ornament depicts Dunbar church history
  6. Connellsville building owner uses graffiti to point out unsightly demolition debris
  7. Brownsville Boy Scouts make sure vets are not forgotten
  8. Dunbar Township MedExpress plans open house for Tuesday
  9. Shake-a-thon to help 5-year-old from Connellsville
  10. Good trail news for Connellsville
  11. Top 10 talent showcase set at Connellsville Area High School