Dunbar Township family escapes house fire
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, 11:12 p.m.
A Fayette County family escaped injury Tuesday when a coal furnace apparently ignited a house fire in Dunbar Township.
Dunbar Volunteer Fire Lt. Mike Breakiron Jr. said a fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at the two-story home of Mark and Joanne Garletts, 823 Furnace Road. Breakiron said several people inside the home got out safely and that quick response resulted in minimal fire damage to the structure.
“We knocked it down pretty quickly,” Breakiron said. “It was mostly smoke damage.”
Breakiron said a majority of the damage was confined to the basement.
The family likely will relocate until the house can be cleaned, Breakiron said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- $1.3M equipment, which lowers voltage, leaves Connellsville for Charleroi
- Everson council to meet on Monday
- Fayette County candy stores say public sweet on jelly beans as well as chocolate
- Connellsville area benefits from tourism grant program
- Tenebrae Service to be held Friday at St. Rita church, Connellsville
- Dunbar discusses renovation of town
- Brush fire season keeps Fayette firefighters busy
- Resource fair planned for area veterans
- Connellsville police hitting the streets on foot and bikes
- Connellsville Township supervisors recognize city police officers
- Prayer labyrinth to be constructed at Christian Church of Connellsville