Dunbar Township family escapes house fire
A Fayette County family escaped injury Tuesday when a coal furnace apparently ignited a house fire in Dunbar Township.
Dunbar Volunteer Fire Lt. Mike Breakiron Jr. said a fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at the two-story home of Mark and Joanne Garletts, 823 Furnace Road. Breakiron said several people inside the home got out safely and that quick response resulted in minimal fire damage to the structure.
“We knocked it down pretty quickly,” Breakiron said. “It was mostly smoke damage.”
Breakiron said a majority of the damage was confined to the basement.
The family likely will relocate until the house can be cleaned, Breakiron said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Detours in place for work on routes 51, 30, 2027
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Mancuso running for register of wills in Fayette
- Zimmerlink seeking 4th term in Fayette
- Connellsville church collects goods, money for the needy
- Lynn: Dawson VFC to hold Easter egg hunt
- Seton Hill student to run for Connellsville Council
- New HR director in place in Fayette; commissioner remains opposed to hiring
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Father-and-son blacksmiths still firing up forge in Farmington