Dunbar Township family escapes house fire
A Fayette County family escaped injury Tuesday when a coal furnace apparently ignited a house fire in Dunbar Township.
Dunbar Volunteer Fire Lt. Mike Breakiron Jr. said a fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at the two-story home of Mark and Joanne Garletts, 823 Furnace Road. Breakiron said several people inside the home got out safely and that quick response resulted in minimal fire damage to the structure.
“We knocked it down pretty quickly,” Breakiron said. “It was mostly smoke damage.”
Breakiron said a majority of the damage was confined to the basement.
The family likely will relocate until the house can be cleaned, Breakiron said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lynn: Vanderbilt church to sponsor rabies clinic
- Leonard finishes season with Braves’ AAA affiliate
- Connellsville area’s weather into December could be mixed bag
- War display planned during Dunbar Fest
- Evening of fun and games helps to fund foundation
- Volunteer program circles around poverty problem in Connellsville
- Frazier School Board chews over possibilities for Central Elementary
- For some, Dunbar Community Fest is a ‘homecoming’
- Sheetz expansion project given OK by city zoning board
- Connellsville tech center names homecoming queen
- Central Fellowship Church, Connellsville, pastor retires after 31 years