Dunbar Township family escapes house fire
A Fayette County family escaped injury Tuesday when a coal furnace apparently ignited a house fire in Dunbar Township.
Dunbar Volunteer Fire Lt. Mike Breakiron Jr. said a fire broke out just after 5 p.m. at the two-story home of Mark and Joanne Garletts, 823 Furnace Road. Breakiron said several people inside the home got out safely and that quick response resulted in minimal fire damage to the structure.
“We knocked it down pretty quickly,” Breakiron said. “It was mostly smoke damage.”
Breakiron said a majority of the damage was confined to the basement.
The family likely will relocate until the house can be cleaned, Breakiron said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sex trafficking survivor to speak at Penn State Fayette
- Connellsville middle schoolers ‘Adopt a Grandparent’
- Dunbar Township resort proposal approval appealed
- Uniontown freight train derailment blamed on bad crossties
- Connellsville’s C.N. Pritts Elementary School hosts reading night
- Porterfield: Champion’s County Line Church to serve chicken and biscuit dinner
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center marking milestone
- Coroner identifies Henry Clay accident victim as Uniontown man
- Fayette County Commissioner Zimmerlink lawsuit near $30K settlement
- Coroner identifies body in Yough River as Carnegie man