DL&V firemen plan Hunter's Banquet
DL&V Volunteer Fire Department is currently selling tickets for its Hunter's Banquet to be held from noon until 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $20 each and can be purchased at Sweet Peas or the Tri-Town Market, both located in Vanderbilt, or you can get one from any DL&V firefighter. The price of the ticket includes a number of chances cash or firearms. It also includes your meal and beverages.
• The regular monthly meeting of the Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will be held on at 7 p.m. March 3 in the fire station. All members are urged to attend. Please remember 2014 dues are due.
• Mark your calendars. Daylight Savings Time begins at 2 a.m. March 9. It will be time to “Spring Forward.” Remember to turn your clocks ahead one hour before retiring for the night March 8 or first thing in the morning March 9.
• Dawson VFC will hold a bingo bash at 1 p.m. March 9. There will be 15 games at $100 each, three specials at $150 each and a jackpot of $1,200. Admission is $30 and includes two, six-face packages. Free food and refreshments will be served to ticket holders. There will only be 125 tickets sold and admits one person, only. Early birds begin at 1 p.m. and are sold separately. Regular bingo will immediately follow. If you have any questions, call 724-415-6102. Proceeds will benefit the Dawson VFC.
• Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. March 10; all concerned Dawson residents are welcome to attend.
• Remember Tri-Town area residents, there is a discount for residents of Dawson, Dickerson Run and Vanderbilt for youth programs offered at the Regional Family YMCA, East Huntington. There is a half price non-member rate for youth programs. Call the YMCA front desk at 724-547-9622 for more information or visit www.rfymca.org.
• The next meeting of the Tri-Town Community Crime Watch will be held at 7 p.m. March 17. All concerned area residents are welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be served after the meeting. The coordinators of the crime watch would like to apologize for the cancellation of the February meeting, but the safety of their residents and participants during this extreme winter weather our area has been experiencing was more important to them than holding a meeting.
• Mark your calendars. The following is a list of dates for area food banks for the month of March.
— East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt: 10 a.m. to noon March 13.
— Produce for the People at the Fayette County Fairgrounds: 10 a.m. to noon March 13. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
— Leisenring Presbyterian Church: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. March 19.
Please remember to bring a container to carry your items home in. As always, volunteers and donations are always appreciated.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Stay warm and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County doctor expects to go to prison in prescription scheme
- Woman arrested for stabbing man at Fayette housing complex
- Additional charges filed in Connellsville vandalism case
- 3 taken into custody after shots fired at East Park in Connellsville
- Fair weather expected for opening of Fayette County Fair
- Connellsville Circles program fights poverty
- Connellsville’s Porter Theater to present ‘Seven Brides’
- Lower Tyrone man’s appeal on sewage permit denied, but supervisors sympathetic
- Fayette warden wants to add 8 full-timers
- Uniontown homicide suspect says high blood sugar level should negate statements to police
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters