CASD plans Fitness and Wellness Fair in April
Students, parents, staff and the community are invited to the Connellsville Area School District's Fitness and Wellness Fair in April.
The 2014 Fitness and Wellness Fair will be held 9 a.m. to noon April 5 in the high school cafeteria.
The district hasn't offered the fitness and wellness fair since 2010 and prior to that, the fair was held every other year going back to 2005.
Vicki McWilliams, the school district's superintendent secretary and a member of the district's wellness committee, said the fair promotes health awareness for the students, parents, staff and community.
There's no cost to attend the fair, which will be held at the newly renovated high school.
McWilliams said the fair attracted approximately 500 people in 2010.
Some of the features for the upcoming fair include gym activities for children K-12, a chance auction, door prizes and vendors. McWilliams said approximately 30 to 40 vendors are expected to be on hand.
The vendors can include chiropractors, health care facilities, fitness instructors and county organizations such as the Fayette County Association for the Blind, Fayette County Drug and Alcohol Commission and Private Industry Council, to name a few.
Those attending the fair will be able to watch demonstrations including line dancing; karate from Culver Karate; Zumba from Bring It Fitness; yoga from Cathy Kumor and West Crawford students; a jump-rope competition and indoor walking from Walk Live in the lobby.
Refreshments of fruit, bagels, coffee and juice will be on hand.
The Fitness and Wellness Fair is organized by the Connellsville Area School District Wellness Committee.
Fair organizers are looking for volunteers. Those interested may contact Vicki McWilliams at 724-628-3300 ext. 327.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- Salary board approves hires
- DA’s office recused from Fayette man’s $110K cocaine case
- Porterfield: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company will hold its 15th annual golf outing
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Fayette County Salary Board adds jobs, OKs additional hirings
- Young Connellsville maestro composes, conducts
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Shake-a-thon to help 5-year-old from Connellsville
- Man convicted in Redstone robbery plans to appeal sentence