Police seek suspect in South Union shooting
State police in Uniontown are asking the public for information about the shooting of a teenager late Tuesday outside a public housing development in South Union Township.
Police said the 17-year-old from New Salem, Menallen Township, was shot in the left leg. He was treated at Uniontown Hospital, then flown to UPMC Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. The wound is not life-threatening, police said.
Police said the shooting occurred about 10:24 a.m. Tuesday outside an apartment at 25 Snyder Terrace. The victim's identity was not disclosed.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police Trooper Heather Clem Johnston at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Dunbar flood victims thankful for help
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Washington Township daughter savors turkey farm tradition
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Forbes: Family is key for the holidays
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Canteen features Woodruff tribute
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed