Police seek suspect in South Union shooting
State police in Uniontown are asking the public for information about the shooting of a teenager late Tuesday outside a public housing development in South Union Township.
Police said the 17-year-old from New Salem, Menallen Township, was shot in the left leg. He was treated at Uniontown Hospital, then flown to UPMC Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. The wound is not life-threatening, police said.
Police said the shooting occurred about 10:24 a.m. Tuesday outside an apartment at 25 Snyder Terrace. The victim's identity was not disclosed.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police Trooper Heather Clem Johnston at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Young Connellsville maestro composes, conducts
- Connellsville Area’s $4.8M budget gap raises specter of layoffs
- Connellsville Area Senior High School students work on mural in East Park
- Lineup set for Lions Club’s annual Kids Fest in Connellsville
- Police in Fayette County seek witnesses to motorcycle accident
- Fayette man challenges charges filed by Connellsville police officer, now under indictment
- Change likely in Fayette County District Attorney’s Office
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Vanderbilt council addresses abandoned homes, parking
- Lynn: Memorial Day service to be held in Tri-Town area