Police seek suspect in South Union shooting
State police in Uniontown are asking the public for information about the shooting of a teenager late Tuesday outside a public housing development in South Union Township.
Police said the 17-year-old from New Salem, Menallen Township, was shot in the left leg. He was treated at Uniontown Hospital, then flown to UPMC Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. The wound is not life-threatening, police said.
Police said the shooting occurred about 10:24 a.m. Tuesday outside an apartment at 25 Snyder Terrace. The victim's identity was not disclosed.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police Trooper Heather Clem Johnston at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Springfield Halloween parades set for Saturday
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Perryopolis going greener
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Frazier’s $22M school construction project moving on schedule
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday