Masontown man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
A Masontown man allegedly struck his ex-lover with a gun after finding her in the shower with another man.
Richard Joseph Knox, 25, hit the woman in the face, head and body with the unloaded 9 mm pistol and later threw a cabinet at her, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Knox told police that the woman initially asked him through a text message to pick her up, but she stopped responding, so he went to her home around 2:40 a.m. Sunday, according to the affidavit. The couple ended their relationship in mid-February.
Knox told police he became suspicious another man was inside the home and he entered through an unlocked door with the weapon “to scare them.”
The woman was able to call for help during the alleged assault and state troopers tackled Knox inside the home upon arrival.
The other man was outside when troopers arrived, the affidavit said.
Knox is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 on charges of burglary, aggravated assault, harassment, criminal mischief, two counts of terroristic threats and four counts of simple assault.
A March 26 preliminary hearing before District Judge Wendy Dennis is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Methodist Men to hold annual Peach Festival
- Magistrate against Fayette County man’s release
- Fayette prison board wants to cut crowding