Masontown man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
A Masontown man allegedly struck his ex-lover with a gun after finding her in the shower with another man.
Richard Joseph Knox, 25, hit the woman in the face, head and body with the unloaded 9 mm pistol and later threw a cabinet at her, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Knox told police that the woman initially asked him through a text message to pick her up, but she stopped responding, so he went to her home around 2:40 a.m. Sunday, according to the affidavit. The couple ended their relationship in mid-February.
Knox told police he became suspicious another man was inside the home and he entered through an unlocked door with the weapon “to scare them.”
The woman was able to call for help during the alleged assault and state troopers tackled Knox inside the home upon arrival.
The other man was outside when troopers arrived, the affidavit said.
Knox is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 on charges of burglary, aggravated assault, harassment, criminal mischief, two counts of terroristic threats and four counts of simple assault.
A March 26 preliminary hearing before District Judge Wendy Dennis is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County auto dealer under fire for loans
- Uniontown Art Club reaches Summit
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Uniontown blaze under investigation
- Buckwheat, pancake supper fundraiser tradition for Ohiopyle firefighters
- Fayette man to ask U.S. high court to block retrial in 1987 homicide case
- Curtain rises on Penn State Fayette’s Shakespeare Festival
- Dunbar Township resident raises concerns about Morrell project
- Perryopolis’ history reflects diverse heritage of region
- Ghost, legends to haunt halls of Connellsville library
- Father, son sue Redstone police over arrest