Masontown man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
A Masontown man allegedly struck his ex-lover with a gun after finding her in the shower with another man.
Richard Joseph Knox, 25, hit the woman in the face, head and body with the unloaded 9 mm pistol and later threw a cabinet at her, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Knox told police that the woman initially asked him through a text message to pick her up, but she stopped responding, so he went to her home around 2:40 a.m. Sunday, according to the affidavit. The couple ended their relationship in mid-February.
Knox told police he became suspicious another man was inside the home and he entered through an unlocked door with the weapon “to scare them.”
The woman was able to call for help during the alleged assault and state troopers tackled Knox inside the home upon arrival.
The other man was outside when troopers arrived, the affidavit said.
Knox is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 on charges of burglary, aggravated assault, harassment, criminal mischief, two counts of terroristic threats and four counts of simple assault.
A March 26 preliminary hearing before District Judge Wendy Dennis is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Volunteer program circles around poverty problem in Connellsville
- For some, Dunbar Community Fest is a ‘homecoming’
- Evening of fun and games helps to fund foundation
- Geibel Catholic in Connellsville again achieves national academic excellence
- War display planned during Dunbar Fest
- Central Fellowship Church, Connellsville, pastor retires after 31 years
- Frazier School Board chews over possibilities for Central Elementary
- Connellsville tech center names homecoming queen
- Blight ordinance passed by Connellsville City Council
- Sheetz expansion project given OK by city zoning board
- Uniontown man shot in foot