Masontown man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
A Masontown man allegedly struck his ex-lover with a gun after finding her in the shower with another man.
Richard Joseph Knox, 25, hit the woman in the face, head and body with the unloaded 9 mm pistol and later threw a cabinet at her, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Knox told police that the woman initially asked him through a text message to pick her up, but she stopped responding, so he went to her home around 2:40 a.m. Sunday, according to the affidavit. The couple ended their relationship in mid-February.
Knox told police he became suspicious another man was inside the home and he entered through an unlocked door with the weapon “to scare them.”
The woman was able to call for help during the alleged assault and state troopers tackled Knox inside the home upon arrival.
The other man was outside when troopers arrived, the affidavit said.
Knox is being held in the Fayette County Prison on $75,000 on charges of burglary, aggravated assault, harassment, criminal mischief, two counts of terroristic threats and four counts of simple assault.
A March 26 preliminary hearing before District Judge Wendy Dennis is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bridge over Youghiogheny River coming into downtown Connellsville is renamed
- ‘Boo-boo bus’ stuffed for kids
- Ice Miners pitch in to aid area’s needy
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Preliminary parking plan submitted for new Connellsville hotel
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library