Falcon Foundation seeking nominations for Hall of Fame
Connellsville Area Falcon Foundation is accepting nominations through April 30 for the 2014 Hall of Fame class.
The organization established the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame in 2010 to recognize outstanding individuals who have been affiliated with the district.
A hall of fame recognition may result from achievement in many areas of life including public service, military service, careers, the arts, music, athletics, education, etc.
The hall of fame celebrates the talent, work ethic and spirit of the people of the school district and promotes a greater sense of school and community pride within the Connellsville area.
Candidates can fall into two categories: distinguished graduates of Connellsville Area High School from 1967 on, or distinguished graduates of Connellsville High School or Dunbar Township High School prior to 1967. Secondly, persons who have not graduated from the high schools but have contributed to the advancement of education in the Connellsville Area School District from 1967 on, or the Connellsville School District or Dunbar Township School District prior to 1967.
To be eligible for induction into the CASD Hall of Fame, a person must be at least 25 years of age when nominated. Anyone with an interest in the CASD is eligible to nominate someone for this Hall of Fame.
“Nominations that have been received in the past years do not have to be re-submitted; they continue to be included for consideration. The rules state that a nomination is included for five years. This is our fifth year,” Bob McLuckey said.
The selection process will be handled by a special Falcon Foundation Hall of Fame Committee. A recognition ceremony for the new class will be planned for the fall.
This hall of fame program is an annual project of the Falcon Foundation.
Nancy Henry is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ten Commandments monument in Connellsville moves to church property next to senior high
- Fayette County officer pleads guilty to punching man
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Rep. Stefano’s 6th coffee conversation centers on budget impasse, taxes
- Connellsville Chamber to honor Falcon Foundation at Gatsby gala Oct. 24
- Geibel announces Homecoming court
- Road issues broached in Springfield Township
- Connellsville church’s coffeehouse events in 5th season
- With no cases ready, Fayette judge sends jurors home
- Connellsville boy enjoys VFD visit; 3-year-old asks for fireman’s coat, hat
- Central Fellowship Church in Connellsville welcomes Anderson as pastor