Falcon Foundation seeking nominations for Hall of Fame
Connellsville Area Falcon Foundation is accepting nominations through April 30 for the 2014 Hall of Fame class.
The organization established the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame in 2010 to recognize outstanding individuals who have been affiliated with the district.
A hall of fame recognition may result from achievement in many areas of life including public service, military service, careers, the arts, music, athletics, education, etc.
The hall of fame celebrates the talent, work ethic and spirit of the people of the school district and promotes a greater sense of school and community pride within the Connellsville area.
Candidates can fall into two categories: distinguished graduates of Connellsville Area High School from 1967 on, or distinguished graduates of Connellsville High School or Dunbar Township High School prior to 1967. Secondly, persons who have not graduated from the high schools but have contributed to the advancement of education in the Connellsville Area School District from 1967 on, or the Connellsville School District or Dunbar Township School District prior to 1967.
To be eligible for induction into the CASD Hall of Fame, a person must be at least 25 years of age when nominated. Anyone with an interest in the CASD is eligible to nominate someone for this Hall of Fame.
“Nominations that have been received in the past years do not have to be re-submitted; they continue to be included for consideration. The rules state that a nomination is included for five years. This is our fifth year,” Bob McLuckey said.
The selection process will be handled by a special Falcon Foundation Hall of Fame Committee. A recognition ceremony for the new class will be planned for the fall.
This hall of fame program is an annual project of the Falcon Foundation.
Nancy Henry is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Vandergrift church to host hunter breakfast
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Christmas in the Park takes place Saturday in Connellsville
- State police probe alleged plot targeting educators in Brownsville
- Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail