Food distribution to be held at Leisenring church
The Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Please remember to bring a box, basket or crate with you to carry your items home in.
• The Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt for area children at 1 p.m. Saturday in the yard of the Philip G. Cochran Memorial United Methodist Church located on the corner of Griscom and Howell streets.
• The Dawson United Methodist Charge announced the following Easter schedule:
— 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Children's Banner musical at the Philip G. Cochran United Methodist Church.
— 7 p.m. Thursday, Holy Communion service at Philip G. Cochran United Methodist Church.
— 7 p.m. Friday, a Good Friday service at the Vanderbilt United Methodist Church.
— 7 a.m. Sunday, Easter Sunday Sunrise Service at Philip G. Cochran United Methodist Church. Breakfast will be served in the church social room following the service. Easter services will follow at 9 a.m. at the Vanderbilt United Methodist Church and at 10:30 a.m. at the Philip G. Cochran United Methodist Church.
• The Dawson Baptist Church will host its annual Maundy Thursday Service at 7 p.m. Thursday. All are invited to attend.
• If you have never heard a choral concert in the beautiful sanctuary of this church, now is the time. Choral groups love to perform there, where the music reverberates from 40-foot-high stone architecture with sound that is beautiful and moving. The Greater Scottdale Choral Society will perform 7 p.m. April 21 at the church. One week later, on April 28, the Uniontown Chorale will perform. Each concert is approximately one hour long. There is no admission cost for either of these incredible concerts. A free-will offering will be accepted. Refreshments will be served after each concert. Please plan to attend any or all of these very special Easter season events. You will be warmly welcomed.
• The Perry-Lower Tyrone Class of 1957 reunion committee will meet at Grille 51 at 5:30 p.m. April 24. Final plans are being made for the 57th class reunion on June 28 at Cedar Creek Park. The class will hold a pizza party at the Sons of Italy on June 27.
• The Lower Tyrone Men will hold its biannual meeting on April 26 at Miedel's Restaurant in Connellsville. The time is 9 a.m. for breakfast. This from group coordinator Ron Enos: “Some women asked me if they could attend. I thought about it and could not find one reason why women would not be welcome. This is a time for everyone who would like to join us and have a good time talking about the old days. Growing up in Lower Tyrone and Dawson was quite an experience and there are many stories still out there. I encourage everyone to bring along any old pictures or memorabilia to share with the group. There will be a pre-showing of the 2014 DVD that will be officially out in early June. It is hoped to have copies for sale at $5 and will go to a nonprofit organization at the choosing of the Lower Tyrone Men. Hope to see you there! For more information, call 877-443-1910 or email email@example.com.”
• Vanderbilt United Methodist Church will hold a community flea market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 9 and 10. There will be baked goods and soup and sandwiches available for purchase. You can set up a table for $10 and sell whatever you want, toys, clothing, household items, linens, etc. To reserve a table, call Lizzy Hanan at 724-529-2546 or Patti Lint at 724-529-2368.
Keep smiling and have a blessed week.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Senator opens Connellsville office
- 3 donors to match, help ministries reach campaign goal
- Twin pizza shop owners in Connellsville rise to The Challenge
- Fayette County relies on Westmoreland response team for pet rescues
- Brownfield man accused of having sex with teen girl
- Sign for McCray Robb Bridge correct; legislation to make it official pending
- 7 rail cars go off tracks in Uniontown, no injuries reported
- Conn-Area, Geibel Catholic open houses Sunday
- Connellsville mother leads charge for medical marijuana
- Developer denied ‘affordable housing’ variance in Masontown