Juveniles waive charges to Fayette court in Connellsville Township assault/robbery
Two teens charged with the assault and robbery of a 79-year-old Connellsville Township man in February on Thursday waived all charges to Fayette County Court.
Terry Lee Nicholson III, 17, of 513 Vine St. and Duston Edward Wiggins, 16, of 108 W. Cedar St., both of Connellsville, were charged as adults in the incident.
They waived charges of aggravated assault, overnight accommodations-person present, two counts of robbery, criminal trespass, theft by unlawful taking, possessing instruments of crime, two counts of simple assault and two counts of recklessly endangering another person.
Police said Nicholson, Wiggins and a 14-year-old boy rang the doorbell at the rear door of the home of Caesar Gaspari along East Francis Avenue at 11 p.m. Feb. 17.
Juvenile charges remain against the 14-year-old.
Police said when Gaspari opened the door, the 14-year-old pushed him out of the doorway and pointed a black pistol at him. He allegedly struck Gaspari twice in the head and the face with the pistol when he resisted.
Police said Nicholson and Wiggins entered the living-room, where Lisa Gaspari was standing, and pointed black pistols at her. The two demanded money while Caesar Gaspari was being assaulted.
Lisa Gaspari led Nicholson and Wiggins to a bedroom, where she gave them a safe containing $600, various documents and an unknown amount of change, police said. She stayed in the hallway outside the bedroom and attempted to call 911 on her cellphone, but, police said, Nicholson took it.
The robbers then fled the residence.
Police tracked footprints in snow to Wiggins' residence, where his parents allowed investigators to search. Officers reportedly found the safe and $490.
Caesar Gaspari suffered two severe lacerations on his head, injuries of both arms and severe bruising on his body.
Nicholson and Wiggins will have a formal arraignment at 9:30 a.m. May 15 in Courtroom 3 in the Fayette County Courthouse.
They remain free on $30,000 bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Patsy Cline tribute coming to Connellsville theater
- Canteen displays dish out pieces of Connellsville history
- Man injured in North Union fire
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Porterfield: Donegal Christian school plans blood drive
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Twin pizza shop owners in Connellsville rise to The Challenge