Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash