Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Saltlick road problem fixed
- Connellsville boy enjoys VFD visit; 3-year-old asks for fireman’s coat, hat
- Fairchance man accused of sex assaults denies allegations
- Uniontown woman admits to role in Masontown robbery-beating
- Fayette County auto dealer under fire for loans
- Fayette woman charged with threatening to torch home
- Connellsville Zombie Prom organizers plan ‘a night to dismember’
- Uniontown Art Club reaches Summit
- Fairchance man’s rape trial opens with testimony by alleged victims
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Curtain rises on Penn State Fayette’s Shakespeare Festival