Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No burning garbage in Connellsville
- Connellsville sets trick or treat
- WCCC robotics kits donated to CACTC
- Geibel Catholic in Connellsville again achieves national academic excellence
- Vote to look for property in Uniontown to expand jail draws applause
- Ground broken for 54-room Cobblestone Hotel in Connellsville
- Chalk Hill’s Klay winery plays host to harvest festival
- Connellsville drug addiction treatment facility will close in October
- Blight ordinance passed by Connellsville City Council
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority has no comment on city’s letter
- Fayette union protests contract woes