Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Entertaining weekend set at Connellsville Canteen
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- Connellsville’s ‘Mr. Trombone’ loves his life in small hometown
- Fayette County workers approve new contract
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- South Connellsville consignment store specializes in formal wear
- 6 suspected dealers nabbed in Fayette County