Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Lynn: Frazier to offer kindergarten readiness classes
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- Fayette County Fair up and running
- Pennsylvania State VFW Post 8543 Band continues to grow
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance
- Fayette fair queen, princess are crowned
- ‘Hairspray’ coming to State Theatre in Uniontown
- Longtime Fayette County Fair volunteer Herring honored as ‘ambassador’
- Calvary United Methodist Church to hold 7th annual Gospel Sing