Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County volunteers aim for markers, flags on all veterans’ graves for Memorial Day
- Oglethorpe: Dad worked hard, had a quiet humor
- Connellsville police to be fitted with bulletproof vests
- Robbery charges dismissed against Uniontown man
- Connellsville shooting victim identified
- Atkins’ teachers, students to hold Summer Jam
- Fairchance man accused of impersonating officer
- Fayette commissioners clash over jail options
- Connellsville man charged in shooting
- Walker: Photos sought for pictorial project at Connellsville Canteen
- Fayette Relay for Life walks around the clock