Monroeville hires Fayette controller
Monroeville Council on Monday hired Fayette County's controller as its chief financial officer in a unanimous vote, according to a councilwoman.
Linda Gaydos on Wednesday said Sean Lally was selected from between 13 to 16 applicants. She said council based its decision on Lally's qualifications and his work in Fayette.
“His interviews were amazing,” Gaydos said. “He is very driven at making sure the books are correct.”
Lally announced May 9 that he will resign from his position as elected controller, effective May 30. He earns $48,995 with the county.
Lally's salary in Monroeville was set at $83,000 and his start date is set for June 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Day-old baby dropped at Uniontown hospital by nurse
- Motorcyclist dies in accident in Bullskin
- Connellsville board hikes taxes, adds to layoffs
- Trooper: Cell may have played part in fatal Fayette County crash
- Fayette County Fair won’t be disrupted by Route 119 project
- Uniontown man takes plea deal in assault, Connellsville robberies
- Uniontown man pleads guilty to raping 2 young girls
- Fayette County man deemed sexually violent predator
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown
- Masontown woman charged with leaving infant in hot vehicle
- Fairchance convenience store robber sought