Uniontown man charged with raping teen
A Uniontown man is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl as she slept on a couch.
Keith MacHugh Amos, 30, of 145 Lincoln St., is charged by Redstone police with rape, rape of an unconscious victim, sex assault, unlawful contact with a minor, aggravated indecent assault, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats and stalking.
The teen told police she was asleep on a couch at a Hunter's Ridge apartment early in the morning of May 12 when she awoke to find Amos raping her.
In another case, Amos is charged with simple assault and harassment. Police said he slapped a woman on May 14 at an apartment in Redstone when the woman confronted him over the rape allegations.
Amos, who is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $255,000 bond, faces a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 19 before District Judge Mike Defino.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Frazier’s $22M school construction project moving on schedule
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Perryopolis going greener
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- Springfield Halloween parades set for Saturday
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- Fayette seeks ownership of building for jail