Uniontown man charged with raping teen
A Uniontown man is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl as she slept on a couch.
Keith MacHugh Amos, 30, of 145 Lincoln St., is charged by Redstone police with rape, rape of an unconscious victim, sex assault, unlawful contact with a minor, aggravated indecent assault, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats and stalking.
The teen told police she was asleep on a couch at a Hunter's Ridge apartment early in the morning of May 12 when she awoke to find Amos raping her.
In another case, Amos is charged with simple assault and harassment. Police said he slapped a woman on May 14 at an apartment in Redstone when the woman confronted him over the rape allegations.
Amos, who is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $255,000 bond, faces a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 19 before District Judge Mike Defino.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 person reportedly stabbed at Fayette housing complex
- Fayette County doctor expects to go to prison in prescription scheme
- Fair weather expected for opening of Fayette County Fair
- 3 taken into custody after shots fired at East Park in Connellsville
- Uniontown homicide suspect says high blood sugar level should negate statements to police
- Connellsville Circles program fights poverty
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Man sentenced for fleeing from Redstone officer
- Connellsville’s Porter Theater to present ‘Seven Brides’
- 3 charged in Fayette County shooting
- Lower Tyrone man’s appeal on sewage permit denied, but supervisors sympathetic