Uniontown man charged with raping teen
A Uniontown man is accused of raping a 16-year-old girl as she slept on a couch.
Keith MacHugh Amos, 30, of 145 Lincoln St., is charged by Redstone police with rape, rape of an unconscious victim, sex assault, unlawful contact with a minor, aggravated indecent assault, unlawful restraint, terroristic threats and stalking.
The teen told police she was asleep on a couch at a Hunter's Ridge apartment early in the morning of May 12 when she awoke to find Amos raping her.
In another case, Amos is charged with simple assault and harassment. Police said he slapped a woman on May 14 at an apartment in Redstone when the woman confronted him over the rape allegations.
Amos, who is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $255,000 bond, faces a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 19 before District Judge Mike Defino.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision