'A Night for Nancy' benefit planned to aid crash victim
A Connellsville woman's family and friends have come together to aid in her recovery from a major vehicle collision that left her with a long road of rehabilitation.
Nancy Heinbaugh was involved in a collision with a snow plow truck on Jan. 27 that left the wife and mother with severe neurological and physical injuries.
The group established a fund at Scottdale Bank and Trust, where people can send checks to 125 S. Arch St., Connellsville 15425 or donate online at www.GoFundMe.com and search by entering her name.
On Saturday, a spaghetti dinner with entertainment and prizes, called “A Night for Nancy,” will be held to aid in the effort.
Mary Dreliszak, with the Friends of Nancy Committee, said the dinner, prepared by the Christian Mothers of Connellsville Catholic Churches, will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at Geibel Catholic Junior-Senior High School. Afterward, entertainment will be provided by The Sammy Brooks Band from 7 to 9 p.m.
“The community has really come together to support this,” Dreliszak said.
She added that nearly 100 prizes were donated to the event that can be won through a Chinese auction, silent auction and games of chance.
Those prizes include a Trek 850 mountain bike, donated by Bikes Unlimited, and an Oscar Schmidt by Washburn acoustic/electric guitar, donated by Atkins Music Center.
Dreliszak said if all tickets are sold for Saturday's event, more than $10,000 will have been raised for Heinbaugh.
“But we would be happy even if we only sold one ticket, because it would help the family in some way,” she added.
Tickets for “A Night For Nancy” are $20 per person. They are being sold at Atkins Music Center and Bikes Unlimited. For more information, call 724-696-5663. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door. Attendees must be over 18 years old.
“We're just looking forward to a great night for Nancy,” Dreliszak said.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash