Uniontown man accused of soliciting sex from teen
A Uniontown man was arrested in Reserve Township for allegedly soliciting sex from a 15-year-old boy.
According to Daily Courier's news partners at WPXI, Jeremy Burnworth, 35, was pulled over on Monday for driving the wrong way on Pittview Avenue in Reserve Township, Allegheny County.
The officer reported that Burnworth and his 15-year-old passenger appeared to be “very nervous.”
“(The officer) thought that there was some other activity that may be afloat,” police Chief Fred Boory said.
According to court paperwork, the boy told police he had been talking to Burnworth for several weeks on a social networking site called Grindr, and he admitted telling Burnworth that he was 17.
The criminal complaint said Burnworth sent explicit pictures of himself to the boy. In all, officers said, the two exchanged about 50 text messages, including nude photos.
Police said Burnsworth told investigators that his intent was to have sex with the boy. Police said there were several items seized from the car that will be used in the investigation.
Police took the boy home, and Burnworth was taken to the Allegheny County Jail on multiple charges, including statutory sexual assault.
According to the criminal complaint, Burnworth admitted that “he had been fooled in the past by a juvenile whom he later realized after meeting him was under the age of 18.”
Burnworth was charged with corruption of minors, criminal use of communication facility, unlawful contact with a minor, criminal solicitation, statutory sexual assault and disorderly conduct.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. June 12 before District Judge Robert Paul Dzvonick.
Burnworth is free on $20,000 bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- Reading program reaches final chapter at Connellsville library
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash