Spaghetti dinner at Brownfield Community Center
Bryan United Methodist Church will hold a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Brownfield Community Center. Cost is $7 for adults, $5 for children age 10 and younger and children age 3 and younger eat for free. Fritz Antonini is making the sauce and we are hoping to see his sauce by the quart. Takeout will be available. There will also be a Chinese auction so you may want to bring a little extra money. The tickets for the auction will be $1 for one, $2 for three or an arm's length for $5. For tickets, contact Nancy Heisterman, June Murtland or Loretta Williams for tickets.
• The East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will host its monthly food distribution from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday.
• Perryopolis will celebrate its bicentennial from June 26 to 29. This will be four, fun packed days of food, great music and history. The fun begins with live country rock music performed by the Tim Litvin Band in the Town Circle at 7 p.m. June 26. D.J. Bob Johnson will spin oldies under the stars in Sampey Park at the same time, so there will be something for everyone. From 8 until 9 p.m. you can enjoy “An Evening of American Composers” presented by Aaron and Samee Mood on the stage of Frazier High School. A luminary parade will follow at 9 p.m.
• On June 27, the museum will be open and there will be a car show from 4 until 11 p.m. Entertainment will include all types of music presented by Pencilfish, an up and coming local band who will perform at Sampey Park at 6 p.m. D.J. Bob Johnson will spin music in the town circle from 5 to 9 p.m. Girls in Black Hats will perform live on the main stage at Sampey Park from 8 to 10 p.m.
• On June 28, visitors will be treated to a parade beginning at 11 a.m. followed by a day of music beginning with Elyse Branan Acoustic Guitar in the Town Circle from 1 to 4 p.m. Fayettenam Rock Band will perform classic and modern rock music in Sampey Park during the same time period. Adam Sutch will perform dulcimer music with a colonial flair across the street from the museum from 1 to 3 p.m. Harry Fisher and Acoustic Shadows will perform music from the Civil War Period from 4 to 7:30 p.m. in the Town Circle. During the same time frame, you can enjoy the Crabtree Bottom Band performing some great country music in Sampey Park. D.J. Ralph Trilli will be spinning disks in the town circle beginning at 7:30 p.m. during the Fireworks. If it's live music you want to hear, stop by Sampey Park to enjoy the Abacus Jones Concert. Fireworks will be held at dusk.
• On June 29, pancakes will be available from 8 a.m. until noon and the festival will continue until 5 p.m. with Gashouse Annie performing pop, folk and country music from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Town Circle. Ray Jay and the Carousels will perform polka music from 1 to 4 p.m. in the pavilion at Sampey Park. You can just stop by to listen or you can get on up and dance to the music. Hopefully, many of you will plan on visiting Historic Perryopolis and celebrating with them the weekend of June 26 to 29. It looks like the town is going to come alive for these four special days.
• Franklin Township Community Park's pool is now open. The 2014 pool rates are, daily, $8 for those age 5 and older. Free admission for those age 4 and younger. Evening swim rates are $3 from 6 to 8 p.m. for those age 5 and older. For more information, call the pool at 724-529-0318.
• The Church of God on Breakneck Road, above the Connellsville Senior High School, will hold a Christmas in July Craft Show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 12 and welcomes all crafters. Tables are 10 each and there are still tables left. For more information, call Lois Jenkins at 724-626-1677.
• The Tri-Town Historical Society would like to thank everyone who helped to make its annual Homecoming event a huge success. A big thank you to the vendors, the musicians and to those who helped make our small hometown shine for three days. Thank you to all who stopped by to visit and enjoy the events. The society hopes to see you again next year.
• Billy Price is wished a very happy birthday. He will celebrate his eighth birthday on Saturday. Love from Mom, Dad, Jasmine and Matthew.
• Happy birthday wishes to Margie Miller, who celebrates her big day on Saturday. Much love from your family and friends.
• Shayne Coddington of Dickerson Run will celebrate his birthday on Sunday. Love from Mom, family and friends.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.