Connellsville Soccer Club to roll with night games
The Connellsville Soccer Club will hold its first-ever night soccer games on Saturday at the Shallenberger Sports-Plex.
The event will begin at 6 p.m. and continue until midnight at the complex at 1100 Breakneck Road in Connellsville.
In addition to soccer, there will be activities for the entire family.
“There is going to be a big movie screen with movies being shown, a bonfire and carnival games, plus soccer games,” said Max House, event organizer. “There will be a lot going on, and it will be a lot of fun for the whole family,”
The evening is open to all ages, including adults, and other clubs. The cost per family at the field that night is $50, which includes complimentary food and drink. Proceeds will benefit the Connellsville Soccer Club.
“Hundreds of kids use these fields on a weekly basis,” House said. “The money we make on this night will go for the upkeep of the grounds and building.”
The night will end with a fireworks show.
“The night soccer games are on the last day of the spring season. We want the night to be the grand finale to a great season,” House added.
“This evening is for everyone in the area, not just our club,” said Rob Reitler, club secretary. “We're celebrating the growing popularity of soccer. We are planning to make this an annual event.”
For more information, contact House at 724-628-4811 or mail the entry fee with your family name and address plus the names and ages of players to Max House, 815C Memorial Blvd., Connellsville, PA 15425.
Other events are listed on the soccer club's website, www.connellsvillesoccer.com.
The sportsplex is on 114 acres of land off Breakneck Road in Bullskin, which the soccer club purchased in 2003 with the vision of one day calling it home.
Ten years later, that dream was realized when fields were constructed by Terry Shallenberger's crew.
Shallenberger donated his time and work crew.
Along with several new soccer fields, the complex has a sizeable playground and a concession stand.
Nancy Henry is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- Connellsville Health Board discusses rundown properties
- Hundreds to participate in ninth annual Nicholson Memorial Bike Run to benefit cancer patients
- Fayette County townships’ leaders worry about water plant
- Henry: Churches to conduct festival this weekend in Connellsville
- VFW’s new national chief of staff has distinguished service pedigree
- Police seeking suspect in Fayette motel robbery
- Motorcyclist flees police through Uniontown at 120 mph
- Police: Woman tried to stab man in Fayette home
- Former Fayette County Democratic chairman, county commissioner Lebder dies at 94
- Police group to host Bicycle Poker Ride