Connellsville couple admit to thefts in order to buy drugs
Charges have been filed against a Connellsville couple after they allegedly stole items from throughout a neighborhood and then sold the items for drugs.
Scott Allen Jeffries, 41, and Jennifer Showman, 30, both of 917 1⁄2 Sycamore St., have been charged with burglary, criminal mischief and other related charges. The charges were filed with on-call District Judge Michael Metros.
Connellsville police filed the charges against the couple after investigating the theft from the garage of a Connellsville resident between June 4 and 5.
Stolen were a weed trimmer, a Craftsman tool box containing a circular saw and an Ames plastic yard cart.
The Ames plastic yard cart was found later on June 5 in the back of the residence of Jeffries and Showman.
Police also found several items taken from a neighboring backyard and flowers and lighting that came from throughout the neighborhood.
Showman allegedly told police she and Jeffries stole the items with the assistance of a third person.
Showman told police they exchanged the stolen weed eater, the tools and the saw for drugs.
A preliminary hearing for Jeffries and Showman is scheduled before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. at 9:30 a.m. July 24.
Both are lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $50,000 each.
No charges have yet been filed against two other individuals believed involved in the thefts.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon Eagle Scout ready to serve church, country
- Laurel Highlands teachers schooled in self-defense
- Fishing derby organizers hope to reel in young anglers in Farmington
- Historical society rolls out welcome mat for Dawson homecoming
- Thousands attend Connellsville Civil War Festival
- Charleroi man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Amish items available at Wavie and Janes in Connellsville
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- Police in Fayette County seek witnesses to motorcycle accident
- Porterfield: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company will hold its 15th annual golf outing