Second suspect apprehended in Connellsville robbery
A Uniontown man who allegedly took part in the robbery of two men in Connellsville last week has been placed in jail.
Juanya Knopsnider, 18, of 91 Coolspring St., was charged with robbery, conspiracy, terroristic threats, reckless endangerment, simple assault, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property, defiant trespass and harassment before on-call District Judge Brenda Cavalcante.
Two people told Connellsville Police that Knopsnider and Cody Darrell, 19, of Connellsville, had asked them to play basketball around 10 p.m. on June 13 at Gibson Terrace in Connellsville.
Once the four were behind the office building at the complex, Darrell hit one of the victims and put him in a chokehold at knifepoint, police said.
The other victim told police that Darrell put a gun to his back and threatened to kill him if he didn't empty his pockets. Darrell and Knopsnider took $170 and ran, the victim said.
Police found Darrell a short time later on a porch of a West Austin Avenue house and issued a warrant for Knopsnider's arrest.
He is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $50,000 bond. His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for June 26 before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. Darrell is jailed in lieu of $75,000 bond. He has a preliminary hearing scheduled before Haggerty at on July 24.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Fayette County workers approve new contract
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center