One flown to hospital after accident in Dunbar Township
One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital following a vehicle crash on Bute Road on Friday, according to state police.
Terry Lee Stewart, 30, address not provided, was traveling south at 2:55 p.m. in a Chevrolet Avalanche when he sped up as another vehicle attempted to pass him, state police said. The two vehicles were side by side when Stewart lost control on a curve, police said.
Stewart, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected when the vehicle flipped, according to police. He was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh with “grave injuries,” police said.
Two unidentified juveniles, a boy and a girl, were not wearing seat belts, but each suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Washington Township daughter savors turkey farm tradition
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Dunbar flood victims thankful for help
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Forbes: Family is key for the holidays
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Perryopolis girl excited to perform ‘Fiddler’ role