One flown to hospital after accident in Dunbar Township
One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital following a vehicle crash on Bute Road on Friday, according to state police.
Terry Lee Stewart, 30, address not provided, was traveling south at 2:55 p.m. in a Chevrolet Avalanche when he sped up as another vehicle attempted to pass him, state police said. The two vehicles were side by side when Stewart lost control on a curve, police said.
Stewart, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected when the vehicle flipped, according to police. He was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh with “grave injuries,” police said.
Two unidentified juveniles, a boy and a girl, were not wearing seat belts, but each suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Canteen to host lecture on American home front during WWII
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Korean exhibit to go on display
- Uniontown Chorale Society to perform at Dawson church
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Connellsville gears up for big Christmas celebration
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- $7K donated to help Bullskin Township boys with rare disease