One flown to hospital after accident in Dunbar Township
One person was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital following a vehicle crash on Bute Road on Friday, according to state police.
Terry Lee Stewart, 30, address not provided, was traveling south at 2:55 p.m. in a Chevrolet Avalanche when he sped up as another vehicle attempted to pass him, state police said. The two vehicles were side by side when Stewart lost control on a curve, police said.
Stewart, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected when the vehicle flipped, according to police. He was flown to UPMC Presbyterian in Pittsburgh with “grave injuries,” police said.
Two unidentified juveniles, a boy and a girl, were not wearing seat belts, but each suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Operator should have waited after ATV, train collision, Perry Township chief contends
- Merit Manor sewer line still a concern
- Repairs on Adelaide Road set to begin
- The Clarks go back to their roots with new album ‘Rewind’
- Dunbar Twp. man, 82, accused of trying to rape home health aide may get probation
- Troopers plan checkpoints on Fayette County roads
- Hiring of 8 full-time prison guards in Fayette County OK’d
- Frazier School District mulls $1.5M loan
- Porterfield: Normalville firefighters to sell hoagies
- Man charged with sexual assaults on girl in Fayette
- Uniontown fugitive wanted in shooting captured