'Desperate' man robs Dairy Queen in South Union
A man handed a Dairy Queen employee a note indicating he was “desperate” when he robbed the store on Friday, police said.
State police at Uniontown said the man entered the ice cream shop on West Main Street at 6:13 p.m., showed an employee a handwritten note that said “Give me all the money. I'm desperate,” and indicated he had a gun.
The employee gave the man an unknown amount of money from the cash register and the man fled in a white, 2009 Chevrolet Impala that had been reported stolen earlier in the day.
The robber is a white male, approximately 30 years old with brown hair and some facial hair. He was wearing a black ball cap, long sleeved blue T-shirt, blue denim shorts, white socks, black sneakers and black sunglasses. The car has a Pennsylvania registration — GSD 9849.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rep. Stefano’s 6th coffee conversation centers on budget impasse, taxes
- Connellsville Chamber to honor Falcon Foundation, which helps district students, at Gatsby gala Oct. 24
- Ten Commandments monument in Connellsville moves to church property next to senior high
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Road issues broached in Springfield Township
- Connellsville church’s coffeehouse events in 5th season
- Mt. Zion Community Church to hold revival meeting
- Central Fellowship Church in Connellsville welcomes Anderson as pastor
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Connellsville boy enjoys VFD visit; 3-year-old asks for fireman’s coat, hat
- Connellsville Zombie Prom organizers plan ‘a night to dismember’