Dunbar crash victim remains in critical condition
A man injured in a vehicle crash who was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital on Friday remains in critical condition, according to a UPMC spokesperson.
Terry Lee Stewart, 30, whose address was not available, was in “grave condition” after being ejected from his Chevrolet Avalanche on Bute Road, police said. He was traveling south about 2:55 p.m. when he sped up as a vehicle tried to pass him, police said.
The vehicles were side by side when Stewart lost control on a curve, police said.
Stewart's vehicle flipped, police said, and he was thrown from the vehicle. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Police said he was flown to UPMC Presbyterian.
Two unidentified juveniles, a boy and a girl, suffered minor injuries, police said. They were not wearing seat belts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- Panel looks at staffing needs for scuttled Fayette County jail
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday