No injuries reported in house fire near Dawson
No one was injured in a fire Monday afternoon that rendered a house near Dawson unlivable.
One man who lives at the one-story house at 125 Spring Garden Church Road was able to escape before crews arrived, said Terry Newell, president of Dawson Volunteer Fire Department.
“It wasn't fully involved, but there was smoke showing when we arrived on scene” after the call was received about 3:25 p.m., he said.
Firefighters entered the house through the rear and were able to contain most of the flames before backup crews arrived to help ventilate the attic crawl space, Newell said.
A state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, he said.
“It wasn't a total loss, but it sustained moderate to heavy damage,” Newell said.
Crews took about 90 minutes to fight the fire, he said.
Fire departments from Everson, DL&V, Perry and Connellsville townships and Scottdale assisted at the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville-region grads to converge for Golden Reunion
- Connellsville gets spring scouring
- National veterans charity to receive funds raised in Connellsville pageant
- Geibel grad dreams big, lands role in second feature film
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- Couple hope Connellsville shop will attract trail users
- Lynn: Crazy Cowboy Band to perform at Dawson Brownfield center
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Champion Christian School students to present biblical-based musical
- FRIENDS of Carnegie Free Library of Connellsville seeks members
- Uniontown Lady Red Raiders softball players playing with heart