No injuries reported in house fire near Dawson
No one was injured in a fire Monday afternoon that rendered a house near Dawson unlivable.
One man who lives at the one-story house at 125 Spring Garden Church Road was able to escape before crews arrived, said Terry Newell, president of Dawson Volunteer Fire Department.
“It wasn't fully involved, but there was smoke showing when we arrived on scene” after the call was received about 3:25 p.m., he said.
Firefighters entered the house through the rear and were able to contain most of the flames before backup crews arrived to help ventilate the attic crawl space, Newell said.
A state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, he said.
“It wasn't a total loss, but it sustained moderate to heavy damage,” Newell said.
Crews took about 90 minutes to fight the fire, he said.
Fire departments from Everson, DL&V, Perry and Connellsville townships and Scottdale assisted at the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Temp slowly rising in Fay-West area
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- ‘Willy Wonka Jr.’ is Conn-Area Catholic School’s 10th annual musical