No injuries reported in house fire near Dawson
No one was injured in a fire Monday afternoon that rendered a house near Dawson unlivable.
One man who lives at the one-story house at 125 Spring Garden Church Road was able to escape before crews arrived, said Terry Newell, president of Dawson Volunteer Fire Department.
“It wasn't fully involved, but there was smoke showing when we arrived on scene” after the call was received about 3:25 p.m., he said.
Firefighters entered the house through the rear and were able to contain most of the flames before backup crews arrived to help ventilate the attic crawl space, Newell said.
A state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, he said.
“It wasn't a total loss, but it sustained moderate to heavy damage,” Newell said.
Crews took about 90 minutes to fight the fire, he said.
Fire departments from Everson, DL&V, Perry and Connellsville townships and Scottdale assisted at the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Zoning board considers resort
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- Ticket sales set for Connellsville Area High School annual musical
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Fayette County relies on Westmoreland response team for pet rescues
- Senator opens Connellsville office
- Demolitions worry Connellsville health board
- Major storm skips past Fay-West area
- Twin pizza shop owners in Connellsville rise to The Challenge