No injuries reported in house fire near Dawson
No one was injured in a fire Monday afternoon that rendered a house near Dawson unlivable.
One man who lives at the one-story house at 125 Spring Garden Church Road was able to escape before crews arrived, said Terry Newell, president of Dawson Volunteer Fire Department.
“It wasn't fully involved, but there was smoke showing when we arrived on scene” after the call was received about 3:25 p.m., he said.
Firefighters entered the house through the rear and were able to contain most of the flames before backup crews arrived to help ventilate the attic crawl space, Newell said.
A state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, he said.
“It wasn't a total loss, but it sustained moderate to heavy damage,” Newell said.
Crews took about 90 minutes to fight the fire, he said.
Fire departments from Everson, DL&V, Perry and Connellsville townships and Scottdale assisted at the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bridge over Youghiogheny River coming into downtown Connellsville is renamed
- Ice Miners pitch in to aid area’s needy
- ‘Boo-boo bus’ stuffed for kids
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say