No injuries reported in house fire near Dawson
No one was injured in a fire Monday afternoon that rendered a house near Dawson unlivable.
One man who lives at the one-story house at 125 Spring Garden Church Road was able to escape before crews arrived, said Terry Newell, president of Dawson Volunteer Fire Department.
“It wasn't fully involved, but there was smoke showing when we arrived on scene” after the call was received about 3:25 p.m., he said.
Firefighters entered the house through the rear and were able to contain most of the flames before backup crews arrived to help ventilate the attic crawl space, Newell said.
A state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, he said.
“It wasn't a total loss, but it sustained moderate to heavy damage,” Newell said.
Crews took about 90 minutes to fight the fire, he said.
Fire departments from Everson, DL&V, Perry and Connellsville townships and Scottdale assisted at the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vets to commemorate Pearl Harbor
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville
- Uniontown man charged with rape
- Masontown police car vandalized
- Connellsville Canteen to host lecture on American home front during WWII
- Man shot in leg outside Uniontown apartment
- Juvenile accused in Uniontown store burglary
- CASD’s Mustache Club lends hand
- Uniontown Chorale Society to perform at Dawson church
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success