No injuries reported in house fire near Dawson
No one was injured in a fire Monday afternoon that rendered a house near Dawson unlivable.
One man who lives at the one-story house at 125 Spring Garden Church Road was able to escape before crews arrived, said Terry Newell, president of Dawson Volunteer Fire Department.
“It wasn't fully involved, but there was smoke showing when we arrived on scene” after the call was received about 3:25 p.m., he said.
Firefighters entered the house through the rear and were able to contain most of the flames before backup crews arrived to help ventilate the attic crawl space, Newell said.
A state fire marshal is investigating the cause of the blaze, he said.
“It wasn't a total loss, but it sustained moderate to heavy damage,” Newell said.
Crews took about 90 minutes to fight the fire, he said.
Fire departments from Everson, DL&V, Perry and Connellsville townships and Scottdale assisted at the scene.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Area students’ Mustache Clubs raise thousands for charity, research
- Connellsville church collects goods, money for the needy
- Connellsville fundraiser for girl, 8, adds ‘run at your convenience’ virtual component
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini to stand trial in gun theft
- Hempfield man accused of setting Dumpster ablaze in Fayette County
- Connellsville Area Community Ministries surpasses Sharing The Harvest Campaign goal
- Construction of Speedway in Perryopolis to affect traffic
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire