Uniontown woman accused of stabbing man
A Uniontown woman is accused of stabbing a man during an argument, then locking the doors to her home when police and paramedics arrived.
Vikki Diane Cianni, 47, of North Gallatin Avenue, is charged by city police with aggravated assault, simple assault, fictitious reports and hindering apprehension.
Police said Cianni used a steak knife to stab James Smallwood in the chest and arm during an argument about 8:30 a.m. Sunday at her residence. She called 911 for an ambulance, but when police and paramedics arrived, she locked the doors and refused them entry, Officer John Kauer said in a criminal complaint.
Kauer kicked in the front door when he heard crying inside, according to the complaint. Cianni told them Smallwood, who had trouble standing and had to be helped to a chair, fell down stairs, police said.
Paramedics discovered “deep puncture” wounds on Smallwood's chest and arm, according to the complaint. Two bloody kitchen knives were found in the dining room, next to a bloody handprint, police said.
Smallwood, who told police Cianni stabbed him, was flown to UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Pittsburgh.
Cianni was arraigned before Uniontown District Judge Michael Metros and placed in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $25,000 bond. She faces a preliminary hearing on July 29 before Metros.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- Police seeking suspect in Fayette motel robbery
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Connellsville Health Board discusses rundown properties
- VFW’s new national chief of staff has distinguished service pedigree
- Hundreds to participate in Nicholson Memorial Bike Run to benefit cancer patients
- Fayette County townships’ leaders worry about water plant
- Motorcyclist flees police through Uniontown at 120 mph
- Police group to host Bicycle Poker Ride
- Police: Woman tried to stab man in Fayette home
- 3 charged in Fayette County shooting