Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Connellsville man in 2013 accident
A Dunbar Township woman has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against a Connellsville man accused of homicide by vehicle.
Adam Jacob Bagwell, 30, is charged by state police with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence, driving without a license and other charges in connection with the July 23, 2013 accident.
In a criminal complaint, police said Bagwell had a blood-alcohol content 0.19 percent when he crashed a Kia Sportage on Bute Road, near Quarrick Road, in North Union shortly before 2 a.m.
A passenger, Leanne Collins, 40, of Dunbar Township, was taken to UPMC Mercy hospital in Pittsburgh, where she was pronounced dead on July 29, 2013, police said.
Bagwell is awaiting trial in the criminal case. On Monday, Lois Cecil of Dunbar, adminstratix of Collins' estate, filed the civil lawsuit seeking more than $50,000 in damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trinity United Presbyterian offers Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Fayette man faces prison for mail fraud
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority keeps $20,000 surplus in budget
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville