Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Connellsville man in 2013 accident
A Dunbar Township woman has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against a Connellsville man accused of homicide by vehicle.
Adam Jacob Bagwell, 30, is charged by state police with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence, driving without a license and other charges in connection with the July 23, 2013 accident.
In a criminal complaint, police said Bagwell had a blood-alcohol content 0.19 percent when he crashed a Kia Sportage on Bute Road, near Quarrick Road, in North Union shortly before 2 a.m.
A passenger, Leanne Collins, 40, of Dunbar Township, was taken to UPMC Mercy hospital in Pittsburgh, where she was pronounced dead on July 29, 2013, police said.
Bagwell is awaiting trial in the criminal case. On Monday, Lois Cecil of Dunbar, adminstratix of Collins' estate, filed the civil lawsuit seeking more than $50,000 in damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Area students’ Mustache Clubs raise thousands for charity, research
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini to stand trial in gun theft
- Connellsville fundraiser for girl, 8, adds ‘run at your convenience’ virtual component
- Defense attorney in Connellsville shooting challenges account of officer who resigned while under investigation
- Construction of Speedway in Perryopolis to affect traffic
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Connellsville Recreation Board installs signs in parks
- Red Cross says blood supply runs short in Greater Allegheny region
- Connellsville Housing Authority properties to get upgrades
- Improvements sought for Dickerson Run Park in Liberty
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church