Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Connellsville man in 2013 accident
A Dunbar Township woman has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against a Connellsville man accused of homicide by vehicle.
Adam Jacob Bagwell, 30, is charged by state police with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence, driving without a license and other charges in connection with the July 23, 2013 accident.
In a criminal complaint, police said Bagwell had a blood-alcohol content 0.19 percent when he crashed a Kia Sportage on Bute Road, near Quarrick Road, in North Union shortly before 2 a.m.
A passenger, Leanne Collins, 40, of Dunbar Township, was taken to UPMC Mercy hospital in Pittsburgh, where she was pronounced dead on July 29, 2013, police said.
Bagwell is awaiting trial in the criminal case. On Monday, Lois Cecil of Dunbar, adminstratix of Collins' estate, filed the civil lawsuit seeking more than $50,000 in damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- $1.2M coming to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- Landfill in McClellandtown assessed $20,000 penalty
- Refurbishing Uniontown church’s grotto is Eagle Scout project
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Fayette County workers approve new contract