Fayette woman dies in fall from ATV on National Pike
A Fayette County woman died in a West Virginia hospital on Tuesday, the day after she was injured in an all-terrain vehicle accident.
According to state police, Lori Jean Jones, 44, of Markleysburg, was riding a Honda Recon ATV on Route 40 near the area of 4434 National Pike early Monday morning.
Some time between 1:47 and 2:05 a.m., Jones fell from the ATV and hit her head on the road, police said.
She was taken to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, where she was pronounced dead, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Covenant Community Ministries unites 4 churches in Western Pa.
- Donegal VFW to host Hunters Breakfast on opening day
- Salvation Army kettle campaign begins Friday in Connellsville area
- Connellsville man charged after boy took prescription
- Black Friday could be a wet one in Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant areas
- Fayette Chamber plans awards dinner
- HObo Model Railroad Club display back in Connellsville
- Connellsville man charged after boy ingests prescription drugs
- Donations keep Connellsville Area Community Ministries food bank afloat
- Fayette twins injured as newborns expected to be adopted by foster mother
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure