Contest seeks Fayette student entries to name road to jail
Students in Fayette County schools have been asked to help name the road that will lead to a new jail.
Those eligible to submit ideas for a chance to win a $200 gift card are students in grades eight through 12 in the 2014-15 school year. The road will lead to the $32 million Justice and Rehabilitation Center, which is to be built in an industrial park off Mt. Braddock Road in Dunbar and North Union townships.
Entries are to be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 9 a.m. Friday. Students should include their name, address, phone number, grade and school with their entries.
Fayette 911 will review the suggestions, which will then be given to the prison working group for selection of the winning entry.
The winner will receive a $200 gift card, to be presented at a meeting of the county commissioners. The card will be purchased by the group with personal contributions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County auto dealer under fire for loans
- Uniontown blaze under investigation
- Buckwheat, pancake supper fundraiser tradition for Ohiopyle firefighters
- Dunbar Township resident raises concerns about Morrell project
- Uniontown Art Club reaches Summit
- Pa. premier of ‘Gore Orphanage’ set at Brownsville Drive-In
- Judge halts Mt. Pleasant veterinarian’s effort to start clinic
- Students learn team building at Fluid Power Challenge at Penn State Fayette
- Curtain rises on Penn State Fayette’s Shakespeare Festival
- Fayette man to ask U.S. high court to block retrial in 1987 homicide case
- Rabatin makes mark at Pitt