2 cars strike horse near Fayette fair
Multiple injuries were reported Thursday evening after two vehicles and horse were involved in an accident along Route 119 and Ranch Road, not far from the ongoing Fayette County Fair.
A dispatcher with Fayette County 911 said a medical helicopter was requested shortly after the 10 p.m. accident, and would land at the nearby Joseph A. Hardy Connellsville Airport.
First responders reported one person was sitting against a guide rail with leg injuries.
One person was being taken by ambulance to Uniontown Hospital with minor injuries, the dispatcher said, while other occupants of the vehicles were refusing medical treatment.
The dispatcher was unsure if the horse had wandered away from the fairgrounds, where large farm animals are among the exhibits. The animal was reportedly killed in the accident.
Firefighters from Dunbar and Morrell volunteer fire departments responded to the scene, along with Uniontown state police, the dispatcher said.
Further details were not immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Everson volunteer firefighters set to sell hoagies
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Fayette County judge refuses to dismiss dragging case against Hiller man
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Fallen Perryopolis police officer chased his dream
- Fayette inmate represents self at hearing
- Connellsville/Scottdale Chapter of the Salvation Army needs volunteers
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off