2 cars strike horse near Fayette fair
Multiple injuries were reported Thursday evening after two vehicles and horse were involved in an accident along Route 119 and Ranch Road, not far from the ongoing Fayette County Fair.
A dispatcher with Fayette County 911 said a medical helicopter was requested shortly after the 10 p.m. accident, and would land at the nearby Joseph A. Hardy Connellsville Airport.
First responders reported one person was sitting against a guide rail with leg injuries.
One person was being taken by ambulance to Uniontown Hospital with minor injuries, the dispatcher said, while other occupants of the vehicles were refusing medical treatment.
The dispatcher was unsure if the horse had wandered away from the fairgrounds, where large farm animals are among the exhibits. The animal was reportedly killed in the accident.
Firefighters from Dunbar and Morrell volunteer fire departments responded to the scene, along with Uniontown state police, the dispatcher said.
Further details were not immediately available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer