Brownfield Community Center Library has videos for sale
Brownfield Community Center Library is downsizing. There are many videos for sale. Cost is five for $1 or a bag of 20 for $3. The library is not accepting any more books, magazines, etc. The new librarian is the Rev. Roger Applebee. His wife Rhoda is a library volunteer.
• Lower Tyrone supervisors will meet 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Brownfield Community Center.
• Tyrone Presbyterian Church is hosting a farmers market from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. every Saturday until Aug. 30. The church is located at 402 Jimtown Road, Dawson (just off Route 819). Available for purchase are a large selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, flowers and assorted baked goods. While out shopping for fresh fruit and vegetables, you also can purchase a barbecue chicken dinner to take home. New vendors are welcome. For more information, call Matt Christner at 724-529-3131.
• On Saturday, the High Ryder Band will be featured at Rostraver Gardens (on Route 51) where a benefit will be held to assist kidney transplant patient Joe Repass. He is a father and grandfather who has spent much of his life helping others; now he is fighting for his own life. Diabetes has affected his eyesight and destroyed his kidneys, and Joe has dialysis three times weekly while he awaits a transplant. Tickets to the event are $20 and includes food, beverages and entertainment. Doors will open at 4 p.m. Tickets will be available at the door. Tickets also are available from the band; call 724-529-7298. High Ryder is donating time and talent to this worthwhile event and hopes its fans will come out and support a gentleman who has given so much of himself to help others.
• God's Clothes Closet is offering free clothing from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Fall clothing and school supplies will be available — all free. The closet is located at the Waltersburg Church of the Nazarene, 1810 Pittsburgh St., Waltersburg. It doesn't matter where you live or how much you make, but bring photo identification.
• Mark your calendars for the following food bank distribution dates:
— East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt, from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday.
— Produce for the People at the Fayette County Fairgrounds, from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday. Registration for new clients begins at 8:30 a.m.
— Leisenring Presbyterian Church, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Aug. 20.
Please remember to bring a box, basket or crate with you to carry your items home. As always, volunteers and donations are welcome and deeply appreciated.
• Flatwoods Community Picnic will be held Sept. 7 at Franklin Township Community Park. Sign-in begins at noon. There will be games and prizes for people of all ages. Beverages and some food items will be provided. Music for the event will be provided by the Stewarts. Bring a covered dish and come join the fun. All are welcome.
• Belated birthday wishes are the order of the day for Bishop Sanner of Dawson, who celebrated his 17th birthday on Aug. 4.
• Belated happy birthday to Melissa Loughman of Dawson, who celebrated her birthday on Aug. 4, with love from your friends and family.
• Happy birthday to Nonnie Colbert of Dawson, who celebrates her birthday today, with love from your family and friends.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 6 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Mystery writer to sign books at ArtWorks Connellsville
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Fayette dad’s appeal denied in 2012 conviction
- Demolitions worry Connellsville health board
- South Connellsville mayor charged with transferring gun without council permission
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Connellsville looks for ways to raise money, cut expenses